UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
Are they though!
I think so... I've reported bugs

I also now understand we've lost membership levels, lost our like system, lost our followers, lost the ability to delete posts, overcomplicated quotes but gained a better notifications system.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I think so... I've reported bugs

I also now understand we've lost membership levels, lost our like system, lost our followers, lost the ability to delete posts, overcomplicated quotes but gained a better notifications system.
Does it really matter mate

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Are we allowed to write swear words now like cunt, shit, ****, wank etc. Or are they going to be censored?

·
THE GUV’NOR
9,478 Posts
@vs-Admin We need to be able to delete posts sometimes i get very angry with members and say some nasty things to them then 2 mins later I regret and delete post before they can report me , is this something you can sort out cricket thanks

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@vs-Admin We need to be able to delete posts sometimes i get very angry with members and say some nasty things to them then 2 mins later I regret and delete post before they can report me , is this something you can sort out cricket thanks
Just like in real life, you can't say nasty things and then decide to unsay them. Life doesn't work that way. ;)

Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance. If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
Just like in real life, you can't say nasty things and then decide to unsay them. Life doesn't work that way. ;)

Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance. If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket
The above is the standard moderator spiel that people get told when they request account deletion and you are using it to fob us off why the option has been removed. Removing people's freedom to be able to delete THEIR post or THEIR thread is ridiculous.

As Admin you have not given this forum a single reason for the changes most of us hate...

Why have the membership levels been removed?
Why has the like system been removed? Hardly a step forward (have you seen or heard of facebook)!

Site more difficult to navigate - used to have a star by threads you've replied in, now have no idea. Used to have next unread thread at the bottom of current thread being read, now that's also gone so have to go to main menu each time to see what to read next, another backwards step.

Why is my rep score and post count wrong, when will it be fixed, will it be fixed or just ignored?

Even your moderator team have been left in the dark, have no idea what's going on, why points & warnings have disappeared.

Place is a joke - a different admin has come in for this update and will probably quickly disappear leaving us with this crap forever.

Currently have 12 'insert quotes' in my box, so that's working really well Mr Cricket !!!

Forum showing sections that have previously been deleted.
Forum showing stickies that have previously been deleted.

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey all,

I'll be popping in since Cricket is a little ill today. I wanted to make sure all of your questions get answered so please let me know what I help with. I won't do a full intro, but my name is Gerrit and I have been working on this software and helping folks get oriented here for a while so I can help make this place feel a bit more familiar.

Since this is the only post since Cricket's response I'll answer this, but please let me know if there's anything outstanding for me to look at.

The above is the standard moderator spiel that people get told when they request account deletion and you are using it to fob us off why the option has been removed. Removing people's freedom to be able to delete THEIR post or THEIR thread is ridiculous.

As Admin you have not given this forum a single reason for the changes most of us hate...
Deletion has been removed as it was causing some errors. If you want to redact you can edit, and if the content is compromising, we can work with you to have it removed. We want to always respect your privacy and freedom, but technically we also want to make sure you can continue enjoying the site without undue error.

Why has the like system been removed? Hardly a step forward (have you seen or heard of facebook)!
We're working on building out reactions to expand passed the normal "like" option we currently have. I don't know where in the development process it is, but I believe it is underway. I can update as I have more information but I don't want to promise more than I can deliver.

Site more difficult to navigate - used to have a star by threads you've replied in, now have no idea. Used to have next unread thread at the bottom of current thread being read, now that's also gone so have to go to main menu each time to see what to read next, another backwards step.
There is a colour difference in threads if you're in light mode, and a small eye icon on threads (depending on your settings) and the "Next thread" option was replaced by recommended reading. Do you find that those threads aren't relevant?

Why is my rep score and post count wrong, when will it be fixed, will it be fixed or just ignored?
This is a product of the move. Sometimes things take a moment to "unpack" and it should resolve before the end of week, but I can work to restore it faster if it is a major concern.

Even your moderator team have been left in the dark, have no idea what's going on, why points & warnings have disappeared.
I can't speak to this. I know all mods here have a private forum where they can chat with us, as well as conversations. I know we had provided them alerts and they can always reach out if they have more concerns.

Place is a joke - a different admin has come in for this update and will probably quickly disappear leaving us with this crap forever.

Currently have 12 'insert quotes' in my box, so that's working really well Mr Cricket !!!
Niall is still around, but he has more on his plate. We work on a team with him and he may still pop on. Cricket and I have worked specifically to help people understand this new platform, so we're here to help for that.

Forum showing sections that have previously been deleted.
Forum showing stickies that have previously been deleted.
You mentioned this as well as changes to membership levels. I want to dig a bit into this. Can you start a conversation with me and explain more with links and details. I want to make sure if we can restore anything that they're restored correctly. Hover over our avatar and hit "Message" to get that started and I hope to provide more insight.

Cheers,
Gerrit

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
OH and for your concern about quote clogging. I too tend to accidentally hoarde them when I just click "Reply" instead.

Clicking the garbage bin icon on the quote menu will help clear them.

I tend to stick to "Reply" just for my own preferences, but I know we all are creatures of different habits so that is why we have a lot of options out there.

Cheers,
Gerrit

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
You mentioned this as well as changes to membership levels. I want to dig a bit into this. Can you start a conversation with me and explain more with links and details. I want to make sure if we can restore anything that they're restored correctly. Hover over our avatar and hit "Message" to get that started and I hope to provide more insight.

Cheers,
Gerrit
Appreciate a more detailed reply so thank you, but will air my concerns here as maybe others have the same questions.

I'm in dark mode so maybe that's why I can't see the eye.

IMO the membership levels from newbie to platinum and the likes system were the two main selling features of this forum, now both removed.

Membership levels thread has already been removed so can't link to it.

Probably best to check with the mods about deleted threads reappearing, but noticed Sponsors that were previously deleted are now showing and noticed a banned mod who had a sticky up and removed after he left, now has it back up. EDIT: see most have been deleted now.

In this section the other week I posted a thread about 'forum issues', it didn't post until hours later and posted twice. When I noticed this had happened I deleted both threads as realised the issues were due to the pending update... both these threads have reappeared??

Regarding the delete option being removed, imo you're asking for trouble... people say stuff in the heat of moment and then realise and delete so no harm done. Newbies ask questions against the rules, get a nod and then delete that question so no harm done. Guess we are now just going to have loads of edited blank posts throughout the forum lol.

The 'recommended reading' is not a viable option, most of the threads are years old, next thread worked well.

Oh and I'm really not impressed with the removal of the swear filter, if this is in place across the whole forum then it should be read only for members.

I've enjoyed my time on here over the last few years, guess all good things come to an end :rolleyes:.

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Appreciate a more detailed reply so thank you, but will air my concerns here as maybe others have the same questions.

I'm in dark mode so maybe that's why I can't see the eye.

IMO the membership levels from newbie to platinum and the likes system were the two main selling features of this forum, now both removed.

Membership levels thread has already been removed so can't link to it.

Probably best to check with the mods about deleted threads reappearing, but noticed Sponsors that were previously deleted are now showing and noticed a banned mod who had a sticky up and removed after he left, now has it back up. EDIT: see most have been deleted now.

In this section the other week I posted a thread about 'forum issues', it didn't post until hours later and posted twice. When I noticed this had happened I deleted both threads as realised the issues were due to the pending update... both these threads have reappeared??

Regarding the delete option being removed, imo you're asking for trouble... people say stuff in the heat of moment and then realise and delete so no harm done. Newbies ask questions against the rules, get a nod and then delete that question so no harm done. Guess we are now just going to have loads of edited blank posts throughout the forum lol.

The 'recommended reading' is not a viable option, most of the threads are years old, next thread worked well.

Oh and I'm really not impressed with the removal of the swear filter, if this is in place across the whole forum then it should be read only for members.

I've enjoyed my time on here over the last few years, guess all good things come to an end :rolleyes:.
Happy to get more insight here, cheers. I will have to dig into the old reputation level and reaction likes sections. I know both are under development to be brought back in some shape. Again, can't promise it will look like anything, but it may help feel familiar again.

I'm happy to work with anyone including the mods to help break-in the feel of the forum. Sometimes as sites get upgraded to newer platforms that help secure better speed and security, some of the dust that was swept under the rug comes forward. That bit of housekeeping is something I can cover, but I do want it to be done in the right.

I can't speak to the hiccups of posting as we were preparing the move of platform, but if you Report the post for deletion I can toss it in the bin for you.

The swear filter is one that we did end up losing sight of in the upgrade, but it is slowly being restored with the help of the mods here.

I won't pretend like this change wasn't sudden or hard for anyone, but I hope that as things seem less foreign and as the paint dries on the new place you'll be able to enjoy the real reason everyone signs in.

Cheers,
Gerrit

·
THE GUV’NOR
9,478 Posts

- Cricket
Well I’ve had the option to delete posts and threads

- Cricket
this is a steroid forum mate we are squirting all sorts of stuff in us we get angry quite easily ive been able to delete posts and threads for the last 12 years on here now you’ve stopped it not happy cricket and also I don’t want to be a premium member I want my fckin platinum badge back EDiT 2 mins later I’ve calmed down a little now sorry for being aggressive if I had the option still to delete my post I would have done so 😀

·
Premium Member
6,511 Posts
Happy to get more insight here, cheers. I will have to dig into the old reputation level and reaction likes sections. I know both are under development to be brought back in some shape. Again, can't promise it will look like anything, but it may help feel familiar again.

I won't pretend like this change wasn't sudden or hard for anyone, but I hope that as things seem less foreign and as the paint dries on the new place you'll be able to enjoy the real reason everyone signs in.
When the forum was upgraded years ago from our positive & negative rep to a full like, laugh, sad, thanks, confused collection, during that update I wasn't regularly active but came back to find I only had +1 rep, accepted it and worked hard to rebuild, got myself to Platinum level (5k posts) and recently nearly 4k likes - the absolute minimum I would expect of this software update is that I kept my post count and likes count but even this hasn't happened.

For you guys in Admin it's just a software update on a random forum in the UK, but for us regulars (and in reality there is only about 30 of us) we got used to how things were and to just have them taken away is a massive shock. To be given absolutely no reason why the format of UKM has changed makes things even worse.

If you had spent years building up a reputation, building up a post count to get to the next membership level and building up followers over the years and then to have them all taken away, you too wouldn't be happy.

You've even taken away our ability to laugh... that's me out.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts