UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gents, comments most welcome.

Just come back from hols and starting bulking diet to try to gain some quality muscle over the winter. Current stats: 6'4" 225lbs @ 16% BF. Training 4 on 1 off.

Meal 1: 10 egg whites / 1 cup (c200g) oatmeal (measured dry)

Meal 2: 2 scoops whey protein with 1% skim milk / 1 piece of fruit / 2 rice cakes

Meal 3: 8oz (225g) chicken breast / 1 cup rice / 1 cup veggies (usually broccoli or carrots).

Meal 4: 1 wholewheat bagel (no butter) / 1 can tuna / 1 piece of cheese (usually Babybell light).

Meal 5: 8oz lean ground beef or lean steak / 1 cup pasta (measured dry) / tomato based pasta sauce.

Meal 6: 10 egg whites / 1 medium sized sweet potato.

Meal 7: 2 scoops whey protein / 1 large salad.

Once my stomach and appetite has got used to this i might try to add in a chicken breast to meal 7 and just take the whey protein before i hit the sack. I generally snack on rice cakes or almonds during the day if the mood takes me. I generally have a cheat day each week (usually Sat) on my training day off and am currently supplementing with creatine (currently Size On but going to give Kre a try) and BCAAs. Not planning any cardio right now...but i do get some low intensity done each day whilst taking the dog for a walk each morning after meal 1.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Meal 1: 8 egg whites and 2 whole eggs/ 1 cup (c200g) oatmeal (measured dry)

Meal 2: 2 scoops whey protein with 1% skim milk / 1 piece of fruit / 35g of natty peanut butter.

Meal 3: 8oz (225g) chicken breast / 1 cup rice / 1 cup veggies (usually broccoli or carrots).

Meal 4: 1 wholewheat bagel (no butter) / 1 can tuna / 1 piece of cheese (usually Babybell light).

Meal 5: 8oz lean ground beef or lean steak / 1 cup pasta (measured dry) / tomato based pasta sauce.

Meal 6: 10 egg whites / 1 medium sized sweet potato.

Meal 7: 2 scoops whey protein / 1 large salad. have nuts or natty peanut butter with this as it will slow th absorbtion of the protein. A cassein baes protein would be better but i use whey and nuts.

thats the slight changes i would make. also i dont see a pwo shake in there but im presuming you have this which will be whey and malto or waxy/corn flour.

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul / Hilly thanks for the comments. I have added the 2 whole eggs in the morning as advised and also chucked in a handfull of fruit into my oatmeal. I used to just lump all the eggwhites and oatmeal into a jug together, give it a quick stir and slap it in a pan but now i am eating the oatmeal with the fruit and the eggs separately - Delia Smith eat your heart out!!

Really useful info about the rice cakes Paul - never considered the GI profile. Have replaced these with mixed nuts. As i mentioned i tend to carry a pack of almonds around with me to snack on if the mood takes me.

I am a tall lad and was concerned that this would not be enough food to try to gain some lean size in the next 3/4 months. I have been an athlete for the last 10 yrs, and my diet has been pretty strict so i am used to eating reasonably clean but now i am retired i have new goals to add some muscle.

Robbie - yes it is expensive, but i don't drink (perhaps one or two on my cheat day) and i am fortunate to have a decent job (at the moment anyway - how much longer i don't know) so during the week all i do is work, train, eat and rest which doesn't leave much opportunity to spend any cash! As for the egg farts - my girlfriend is in Canada so it aint a problem - and my dog seems to like the fact that i smell as bad as he does lol! I also find that i only get bad wind after a cheat day and that generally it ain't too bad.

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and forgot to mention that yes - i do have a post WO shake of whey protein as well. No particular brand - just whatever i have kicking around in my cupboard at the time. Think it is EAS Precision Protein at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts