UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Increases testosterone. During the 19th century, many doctors and ministers recommended that young men take baths in cold water to reduce the sin of "self-pollution," i.e. whacking off. Cold water was thought to extinguish a man's flaming carnal desires. There was even a ghastly device invented on this principle.

How wrong they were! The same study by the Thrombosis Research Institute cited above showed that cold water showers actually increase testosterone production in men. Increased testosterone levels not only boost a man's libido, but also his overall strength and energy level. If you're looking to increase your testosterone, instead of juicing up like Mark McGwire, hop into a cold shower."

Just found this passage at http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/18/the-james-bond-shower-a-shot-of-cold-water-for-health-and-vitality/

I'm sure it doesn't boost it an awful lot but every little helps. I thought some of you may find it interesting.

·
Looking Freaky
600 Posts
Theres a 101 little things like this that can increase your Testosterone levels a bit E.G Going to watch the football team that you support live raises testosterone levels, but as you said just a bit if you really want to raise them just stick another ml in the barrell.

·
Banned
456 Posts
Everyone on here is going to be having freezing cold showers tonight......meanwhile......in secret..........fbjoey's laughing at us muppets while reaching through the dense steam for the shower gel :thumb:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,339 Posts
A few times when Ive been relay sore Ive jumped in an ice cold bath and its got rid of the doms completely.Its hard to man up and get in though lol takes me about 10 mins splashing cold water on my self to get psyched up for it.

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
callingcard said:
Everyone on here is going to be having freezing cold showers tonight......meanwhile......in secret..........fbjoey's laughing at us muppets while reaching through the dense steam for the shower gel :thumb:
Haha its true.

scouse2010 said:
A few times when Ive been relay sore Ive jumped in an ice cold bath and its got rid of the doms completely.Its hard to man up and get in though lol takes me about 10 mins splashing cold water on my self to get psyched up for it.
Just put it on hot and slowly change it down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.