UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Pumping Iron
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Christmas creeping up and just round the corner has anyone started doing there shopping yet.

Also is everyone looking forward to Christmas or is there something that makes you hate it every year.

I love christmas there is nothing better than seeing your little lad glow with happiness opening his presents and getting time off work as well!!!

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
Macca 1976 said:
Also is everyone looking forward to Christmas or is there something that makes you hate it every year.
I hate that time of year between Boxing day and New Year's Eve. No-one knows what the fcuk is going on.. Are the shops open or not? Is there post? Is there any turkey left, when should we take the tree down?? - It's just madness!!

PS. Bit OT - Remember the clocks go back 1 hour this Sunday guys. It's the bad one.. 1 hour less in bed Monday morning! :sad:

EDIT* Apparently it's the good one, so 1 hour extra in bed! :)

·
EFBB Winner
5,283 Posts
havent started shopping yet tho, never do, just get things within the last week before hand. also start my diet on the 20th of dec, exactly 12weeks out from my first comp, oh and thats my bday too. im actually really looking forward to it.

·
Nothing earns you geek points like installing Linu
2,211 Posts
Sylar said:
PS. Bit OT - Remember the clocks go back 1 hour this Sunday guys. It's the bad one.. 1 hour less in bed Monday morning! :sad:
If the clocks go back dont that mean we get 1 hour extra?

Christmas is cool, time off from work is awesome nearly 14 days (which doesnt come off our normal annual leave) Education is a great place to work.

:thumb:

Edit: Had my first mince pie today aswell!

·
Accepts nothing less than victory
681 Posts
Yeah i started doing my christmas shopping three weeks ago, alot of friends and family have birthdays at this time of the year too so i thought id start and get it all done.

All my shopping is done online i really cant be doing with all the trapsing around its just insanely annoying.

·
hmmm
1,430 Posts
I hate xmas always have done since I was a kid..

Make an effort now as have 4 children 1 has a birthdays on 16th of December and another one on first of January...

Very expensive time of year in our house

·
.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,.,. ,
864 Posts
I love it, everyones in the festive spirit! most people have got money, time off work, having a laugh with family & friends!!

Sylar said:
I hate that time of year between Boxing day and New Year's Eve. No-one knows what the fcuk is going on.. Are the shops open or not? Is there post? Is there any turkey left, when should we take the tree down?? - It's just madness!!

EDIT* Apparently it's the good one, so 1 hour extra in bed! :)
:lol: :lol: so true

·
you wont know im a ninja till its too late
560 Posts
xmas xmas xmas xmas xmas xmas xmas xmas!!

i can spell christmas but i prefer xmas, its easier.

yeah im looking forward to it as ill be in new zealand which means long sunny summer days, bbqs for dinner and beers on the front deck!

It also means the only presents people back here will be getting is postcards with my tanned mug on the front.

G

·
NAHHHHHHHHH really don't want to think about christmas this year it'll be bloody awful :ban:

Will be 1st christmas on my own for 23 soddin years, I have the kids in the mornin but then they go off to their dads for 3 days n I'll be on my Jacklear5e. Bah Humbug :ban: :ban:

·
you wont know im a ninja till its too late
560 Posts
Lin said:
NAHHHHHHHHH really don't want to think about christmas this year it'll be bloody awful :ban:

Will be 1st christmas on my own for 23 soddin years, I have the kids in the mornin but then they go off to their dads for 3 days n I'll be on my Jacklear5e. Bah Humbug :ban: :ban:
Aww no way! well let me be the first to say merry christmas to you then and i hope you have a nice time and get some sweet pressies!

·
Phoenix Supplements
1,866 Posts
Aw Linny, wish I lived in M/cr still you could have come round to mine! I always seem to take in waifs and strays at Christmas! :thumb:

If I find someone is on their own I always ask them for dinner, can't help it! We have a great big family dinner and a big get together in the evening. Its great, loads of kids, grandad asleep in the corner, dogs doing turkey farts (or it could poss be my hubby!) I just love it!

Started my shopping about a month ago now - I have a lot of people to buy for (why doesnt anyone stop at one kiddy these days...says the woman with 3!!! :whistling: )

Only thing I don't like about Christmas is that its cold!

·
Getting HUGE!
1,441 Posts
Not a big Christmas person here...it was a dreadful time at home when we were children...so I now avoid it as best I can...Also like many here I don't have vast sums of money to chuck around so I make a nice dinner, walk the dogs, have a few gifts, nothing fancy and relax...I do try to go down through the Village seeing elderly people who I know are on their own, just pop in, have a cuppa and a mince pie, take them to Church if they want to go... and for me thats what Christmas is all about..looking out for others...

regards

Andrew

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.