UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
5.7/220 pounds, on the juice and ****ed off.
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The news reports this morning were flooded with headlines of a new Chinese UFO photograph that has recently surfaced. Dubbed the "3 suns" UFO photo, this particular photo has been making its way though the web and people are already talking conspiracies involving the Chinese government and possible UFO invasions. Let's pull in the reins really quick here…

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/08/04/china-3-suns-ufo-ufos-or-hoax

·
Getting HUGE!
2,562 Posts
It's very refreshing to see a conspiracy about one of the world's other superpowers for once instead of the usa. Not that i believe the chinese have access to ufo technology or anything dodgy regardiung ufo's are going on... but still nice to see that there is a bit of controversy and conspiracies that are aimed towards china instead of the usa which is 99% always the case... a refreshing sight i guess:)

·
Citius, Altius, Fortius
1,664 Posts
mikep81 said:
I "believe" as they say. Especially when I think about how much the human race as evolved technologically in the last 100 years.
That's to do with having computers calculate for us. If we want something calculated we can have a computer do it in a fraction of the time it would take a human. Therefore it only makes sense that these computers would help to build faster computers and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_change

·
Even if it's too heavy....lift it!
2,173 Posts
space is infinate. aliens MUST exist.

also, of course there are going to be aliens far more advanced than us. they may only be watching us to study, should we say....''early stages of technology''. they probably would have weapons that with 1 shot would take the entire planet out. aliens must exist, as i said before space is infinate. it is only an amount of time until of course there is a real face to face encounter.

and it probably will involve the armies instantly trying to attack them, and in return, we just get slaughtered.

·
4,532 Posts
Desperadodan said:
That's to do with having computers calculate for us. If we want something calculated we can have a computer do it in a fraction of the time it would take a human. Therefore it only makes sense that these computers would help to build faster computers and so on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerating_change
Am I right in thinking that you're saying our technological evolution is down to computers and innevitable thus dismissing me saying that aliens could exist because of this? If not and you were just pointing out what I didn't then ignore my next paragraph!!

If so then what I meant was, if you look at how much we have evolved over the last 100 years, which as you correctly pointed out is down to computers, etc, etc. Then take the fact that it is highly probably that there is at least one other planet orbiting one of the millions of stars that we can see, which can support life like earth. Now if you think about what our technology could be like in 500 years, due to the advances in computing, and transfer that to another planet and lifeform that started life on a planet that is say 500 years older than earth. Its perfectly feasable that there could be a lifeform out there that is hundreds of years ahead of us in technology.

And maybe they just monitor us because they've learnt how stupid the human race is and that we'd probably start chucking nukes around, destroying the planet etc, if they even appeared to be hostile.

·
5.7/220 pounds, on the juice and ****ed off.
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Greyphantom said:
No it isnt... apparantly the universe is expanding thus showing its not infinite as it wouldnt expand... :thumb:
expanding where ? what's the main container that contains the expanding universe :lol:

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
For all intents and purposes the universe is infinite. What is it at the moment? 45 billion light years across? Impossible for the human brain to comprehend how massive. We can't even comprehend the distance between one star and another.

Anyway, I'll chop my bollocks off if our galaxy isn't teeming with life, let alone the universe.

This song proves aliens are here and singing to us.

G

·
deeppurple said:
space is infinate. aliens MUST exist.
Hmm, Space is thought to be infinite by some, but we cant prove either way at the moment. The amount of matter however is most likely finite.

Aliens Must exist? why? we have evolved on a piece of rock that just happens to have a million variables all correct at once and in reality during a very short time frame when looking at the 14billion year history of the universe.

Even if another piece of rock was privy to similar conditions as earth, there no guarantee of anything evolving let alone an advanced race of aliens capeable of travelling huge distances in space ships in next to no time. and even if they did exist the chances of them existing now is slight.

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
mikex101 said:
Aliens Must exist? why? we have evolved on a piece of rock that just happens to have a million variables all correct at once and in reality during a very short time frame when looking at the 14billion year history of the universe.
That's scientific guesswork, nothing more. They do not even know exactly how life came into being on this planet, how can they possibly know if life could or could not begin to exist on other planets under different circumstances? They do not know, and never will unless we start sending probes or manned missions to explore the galaxy.

Those scientists know as much as you or I about life on other worlds.

G

·
its all guess work, however if you think about it its pretty simple.

Unless all the variables of this world are as they are, then theres a very good chance we wouldn't exist

Slightly smaller planet and our atmosphere would simply drift off into space.

Slightly closer to the sun and there would be no water

Slightly further away and the planet would be frozen solid.

Ive heard it compared to winning the lottery 100times in a row.

Id love to be proven wrong, i love it, but i dont think intelligent life from another plant will ever be proven. Certainly not in our lifetime anyway.

·
Football Fantasy - Real Faketeam
695 Posts
Maybe things in space don't need water?

What we're made of is relevant to our planet only.

What if these aliens were methane based, or nitrogen based (I don't know what effects these things would have btw). They wouldn't need the same things to survive.

Temperature is irrelevant too. Bacteria has been found in the coldest and hottest places on earth. Living on the walls of volcanoes or at the very bottom on the deepest, coldest seas and in ice etc. They have adapted to living in these conditions.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.