UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
gross gorrilla body...
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 weeks to go till due date of 'my' first child, its mother has again astounded me by seeing someone behind my back as we were trying to sort things out..

now i want a DNA test and i refuse to pay a penny or do anything till its proven its mine, where do i stand on that?, do i have to be proven to be the father or will i be forced into paying child support anyway?. and how much is child support?

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
it depends on your expendable earnings I think ( a mate of mine pays £400 a month and only gets £1400 ).... I would pay for a DNA test myself to be sure........ she has been seeing someone whilst pregnant ? thats wierd, not only for her but for the bloke as well ( in my opinion )

·
Pie Addict
156 Posts
you can challenge whether you are the father (and I would if I were you) - but the csa will start the amount from the day she starts the claim with them. so I would start saving the money as soon as they contact you so you have it ready to go if it is proved you are the father.

as for the amount - it's 15% of your net income, minus 1/7th for every night a week the child stays with you (worked out over an annual average - so to take into account holidays etc.)

·
gross gorrilla body...
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bert1 said:
it depends on your expendable earnings I think ( a mate of mine pays £400 a month and only gets £1400 ).... I would pay for a DNA test myself to be sure........ she has been seeing someone whilst pregnant ? thats wierd, not only for her but for the bloke as well ( in my opinion )
its disgusting mate! some men are just unbelievable!! funny thing is she wouldnt be affectionate with me...very odd. yet cryed her eyes out and begged for me not to leave her :confused1:

anyway yeah thats not good, it would brake me, im in a lot of debt, i would mind paying money directly to the mum or buying anything the baby needs but the thought of having money taken from me without choice angers me.

·
gross gorrilla body...
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
steve1234567890 said:
you can challenge whether you are the father (and I would if I were you) - but the csa will start the amount from the day she starts the claim with them. so I would start saving the money as soon as they contact you so you have it ready to go if it is proved you are the father.

as for the amount - it's 15% of your net income, minus 1/7th for every night a week the child stays with you (worked out over an annual average - so to take into account holidays etc.)
cheers mate, very helpfull :beer: . ill have to sit down and work that all out, as i have 2 jobs, not exactly sure what my net total is.lol so i guess its beneficial to try to have the child as much as can?

and yes i will want a DNA test, but will they pay for it or would i have to pay to prove i was/wasnt the father?

·
Pie Addict
156 Posts
no worries mate, i know how it feels :(

the csa will tell her that you deny being the father - and will ask her to provide evidence that you are - so that's one good thing

as for seeing the child if it is yours - first off you will want to anyway, plus it will help with the amount quite a bit. don't forget to total up how many likely days for hols, time with your family etc.

and don't fall into the trap of buying anything else like clothes etc - that's what the support is meant to cover. my ex went to the lengths of sending my lad round in tatty clothes that didn't fit to shame me into buying him more clothes, then he'd come back the next week in the old crap! (basically you learn to keep some clothes at your place for them! sad but true!)

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
fcuking hell mate, im truely gutted for you. Has she been seeing someone behind your back before the pregnancy or just during? Obvious answer from your thread is before as you want DNA test but is this a definite as woman can do crazy things when wierd hormones are in abundance when pregnant?

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
nothing comes into consideration, mortgage, tax ect ect....are you sure its 15% because i know 2 people who pay more than that.....and they even took it to court to appeal and were denied...... one of them`s child is 18 but he has to pay untill its 19th bday because still in full time education!

·
gross gorrilla body...
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for all the support, much appretiated, only thing im not sure of now is do i push to have my name on the birth certificate and then get dna test done, or should i refuse to have my name on there till proven im the father?

·
Looking Freaky
757 Posts
Testaholic said:
thanks for all the support, much appretiated, only thing im not sure of now is do i push to have my name on the birth certificate and then get dna test done, or should i refuse to have my name on there till proven im the father?
I'd say get your name on birth certificate as it will help if child is shown to be yours. (it will give you automatic parental responsibility)

It's the womans decision whether or not to name you as the father on the birth certificate. I don't believe she can be compelled to do so.

·
gross gorrilla body...
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JoeyRamone said:
I'd say get your name on birth certificate as it will help if child is shown to be yours. (it will give you automatic parental responsibility)

It's the womans decision whether or not to name you as the father on the birth certificate. I don't believe she can be compelled to do so.
is that true? its upto her whether i am or not? well ill try to then...

Bettyboo said:
Sounds like your having a right pooh time of it, hope it gets sorted out for ya hun x
thankyou x. havent had best of times, have lost over 2 stone now, amazing the effect stress can have on the body.

·
Gym Addict
313 Posts
Hi mate, sorry for you been down that road a while ago. google csa calculator and it will tell you what is and isnt deductable and will give you a rough idea of how much you will get stung. it may be hard but financially it may be better to make an arrangement that suits you both as may also benefit her also as if she will be dependant on benefits most will be deducted and she wont get anything anyway...... if thats an option make sure it gets paid into a bank account tagged as maintenence as i nearly got stung with back payments amounting to a few years just because i never had proof of monthly payments :cursing: good luck mate !!!!

·
is going to be in as good shape again as my profil
763 Posts
bert1 said:
Thats appaling, How does it cost £100pw to bring up a baby ffs, I have an 19 month old and nowhere near that sum..

If she was working then fair enough ,but if she was on benifits anyway and living off the council i would be ****ed

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.