UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Chewing gum??

553 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  megatron 
#1 ·
Anyone chew gum when they lift weights, I tryed it last time I was in the gym and found it helped me focus more some how? :confused1:

#2 ·
i chew gum sometimes...there was a scientific research study on chewing gum whilst performing intellectual tasks and helps with concentration apparently(i will try to find the research study at a more decent hour)!!!

i do the exact same thing...chewing gum has some effect on me whether its placebo or not...????

also...i dont do many exercises for my face...so i chew gum to give the jaw a exercise too!!!!

i noticed quite a few top pro bodybuilders chew gum in their workouts....???

#3 ·
anabolic ant said:
i chew gum sometimes...there was a scientific research study on chewing gum whilst performing intellectual tasks and helps with concentration apparently(i will try to find the research study at a more decent hour)!!!

i do the exact same thing...chewing gum has some effect on me whether its placebo or not...????

also...i dont do many exercises for my face...so i chew gum to give the jaw a exercise too!!!!

Umm, i do, it's phycosomatic, but i'm sure there's more to it, IE mastication releasing hormones, don't know. but theres got to be something more to it.

#10 ·
anabolic ant said:

I like it, seems to take the tention out of lifting, going to stick with it.

I have seen Arnie chew it too in some of his old workout vids at Golds Gym!

#12 ·
It's not good or bad... Depends if you need to give your body digestion triggering signals or not... If you are bulking up and eating so much food you feel bloated then yeah it might help with triggering the production of excess stomach acid... Otherwise probably no benefit - especially if you suffer acid reflux - then it's deffo not a good thing.

EDIT: Like peter says it help blood flow to brain so it is also good for studying or exams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.