UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps, I've been training on and off for a while, when I stick at it I do shrink but excess fat is always there, i.e. I look smaller and lose weight, but my man boobs are still very soft even after hard chest exercise and the tyres around my belly become visible when I sit down.

Over the last month I've been fasting so have some oats or bread in the morning about 4am then eat at 8pm maybe a bit of rice or sometimes just soup and fruit. My stomach has shrunk so I eat about 1/4 of what I usually do. Alongside this I've been doing interval training everyday for 20 minutes then 30 minutes on the treadmill fast walking and light jogging. I have lost a lot of weight on the scales, but my chest is still soft and my tyres are still there. So I'm thinking will I actually ever lose this! Especially under the nipple area it's really quite soft like there's no muscle tissue there.

Any help or advise greatly appreciated. By the way the fasting is ending in a few days it's cos of religion not a diet choice!

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
What's your diet like when you're not fasting? I had this problem too. Losing weight slower this time to see if that works better as keep more muscle.

·
Newbie Trainer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have oats/weetabix/brown toast in the morning, maybe a couple of eggs

Tuna salad at lunch

Some meat at about 3pm

Snack on fruit/nuts

Meal at 7 (meat, vegetables etc.)

Fruit salad or something a bit later on

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
ruaidhri said:
my advice would be a high protein diet, with plenty of good fats and minimum carbs, don't starve yourself. But hammer the cardio. Low intensity cardio for an hour every day, don't notice much after a week or two, take out more carbs and increase cardio.
I generally add 5 min interval training (sprint 30 seconds, rest 15 seconds repeat for 5 minutes).

THen low intensity, works very well,

bare in mind, you will have low energy so do for the first 2-3 days of low carbing :)

·
Newbie Trainer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys, i'll try to add the interval training into my cardio as well, my diet pretty much stays the same them I'm eating quite a lot of meat and eggs etc and I don't have many carbs in my diet anyway.. Is it worth targeting areas like chest with push-ups etc and stomach with ab exercises or is that pointless?

·
348 Posts
Tee said:
cheers guys, i'll try to add the interval training into my cardio as well, my diet pretty much stays the same them I'm eating quite a lot of meat and eggs etc and I don't have many carbs in my diet anyway.. Is it worth targeting areas like chest with push-ups etc and stomach with ab exercises or is that pointless?
when you say eating lots of eggs and meat how much when etc? and doing exercises in specific areas will not get rid of fat you may build muscle if you eat train and sleep right but if you want to lose fat eat smart do cardio train hard! simples. oh and also starving does not work you actually put fat on! read some of the stickys.

·
Newbie Trainer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for late reply.. I eat eggs and toast or brekky for breakfast, tune salad and meat salad between 12-4, then snack on fruit salad and more meat and rice or something in the evening.

Quick update: I've had a crappy meal today and it seems like the whole of the last month has gone to waste! I though I was getting somewhere but my spare tyre seems to have inflated again! I can actually grab the fat around my belly with my fist :?

·
Looking Freaky
528 Posts
when you're fasting the body's metabolism slows down...once you're done with fasting than set up a diet which provides you with a decent meal every 3 hours...also fasted cardio works really well...you'll need to be patient and committed to your routine...eventually you'll loose the fat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.