UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Hey guys, been posting on here a while now, loving the site, had some great help/advice from people and got chatting with some nice people.

Decided to create a journal for myself (with pictures), helps me keep track of my progress properly, along with keeping me on course for my goals, and advice given will be appreciated.

Some background info on me: I'm 21, nearly 22, currently weigh 13 stone 7, not sure of my BF% if anyone could have a guess with some idea would be appreciated .

I was very overweight until the age of 18, a 42 inch waist and weighing 16 and a half stone, got down to 12 stone at one point and felt great, then wanted to pack on some muscle which I did (not much). Mistake I made when dieting before was I didn't have sufficient protein in my diet so I lost so much muscle as well as fat.

I play football so keeping fit is important to me now, especially after joining a new and good team.

I weight train on mon, weds and friday, shoulders and legs, chest and bi, back and tri. Saturday football games and soon training on tuesdays or thursdays.

My goals are to: Lose some weight, get back into my 34 waist jeans comfortably with a belt (I'm a 35/36 waist now), and retain as much muscle as possible. MAIN problem, want to lose some off the love handle area that is evident. Happy with my chest and back, quite strong there and look okay I think?

My macros suggest with work etc I need 3300 cals, so thinking of dropping to around 3000 to lose fat.

Thinking of 120g carbs a day max, 200-250g of protein but unsure of how much fat?

Current supps used are: Creatine, omega 3, multi vit tabs and Whey protein from MP.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Pics in normal posture :

dsc00212gn.jpg

dsc00215nz.jpg

dsc00218cs.jpg

dsc00221ls.jpg

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
m14rky said:
how much cardio are u doing or u using football as all ur cardio.add in some green tea mate good for fat loss
Thanks mate, at the moment the footy season season has started well pre season, yesterday had 3 hours training did it fasted too!

Other than that, no scheduled cardio, any advice there please?

Will defo try some green tea.

·
united>england
1,087 Posts
im no expert mate but my 2p worth i read about u doing the fasted footy i wouldnt do it like that because i think u had ur 1st meal at 12? for me thats too late i have to eat at 9 to fit all my meals in through the day.whats ur diet look like?

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was trying to add mass before, was something like this:

8am: Egg sandwich, 2 wholemeal slices bread, or scoop whey + oats.

9.30am: 2 scoops whey with 300 ml of semi skimmed milk

11am: either 3 eggs scrambled, a slice wholemeal bread with peanut butter and drizzle of honey, or just peanut butter (few teaspoons alone) or oats and milk with scoop of whey.

12pm: Handfull nuts, either Brazils or Cashews.

1pm lunch: 140g or meat, chicken or beef, bit of rice, new potatoes or sweet potato (not alot) and some veg, lettuce, brocholi whatever really with nandos piri sauce.

2.30pm: Handfull nuts again.

3.40pm: creatine pre workout

4pm workout

5.15pm: 2 scoops whey + water

7pm: Dinner, meat again, chicken, beef, lamb or fish, sometimes some cheese with it (don't really have carbs here, maybe some bulghar rice at times)

11pm bed: 2 scoops whey and 300ml semi skimmed milk

Decent for gaining muscle before? Was getting in around 250g or protein per day, now obviously want to maintain muscle, and lose fat.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Well today my diet went like this (water, creatine and vits aside)

8.15am: S/wich on wholemeal bread - Chicken ..450cals , 21g protein, 23g fat, 32g carbs

10am: Handful cashews - 150 cals 6g protein, 5g carbs, 11.5g fat.

11am: 1 and half scoops whey in 300 ml semi skimmed milk = 300 cals, 50g protein, 12g carbs and about 8g fat.

1pm: Peri peri rice 280g, mixed meat (lamb, chicken and beef) and some mixed veg = around 45-50g protein, 70g carbs, 15g fat.

3.30pm: Pre workout - 2 tea spoons of whole earth crunchy peanut butter, calories and nutrition unknown.

4pm workout:

5.20pm: 2 scoops whey, 400ml of water, 45g protein.

7-7.30pm: Chicken and a little bit of pasta with cheese on top.

Workout today was shoulders and legs: (couldn't do much legs as they were knackered from footy on Saturday and Sunday pre season footy)

3 sets of 8 reps Shoulder press

3 sets of 8 Front raises each side (single arm DB)

3 sets of 5 cable pulls to chin for traps with 5 reps reverse shrugs in between, rest and repeat.

3 sets of 10 , These side DB things you pull up and outwards for outer shoulders (forgot name sorry)

4 sets of 10 shrugs on smith machine.

4 sets of squats: 10 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps, 4 reps.

4 sets of 10, calf raises.

All advice/feedback appreciated again.

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did some fasted cardio this morning, 10 min walk to field, 12-15 mins jog around full size footy pitch (did it 6 times) and walk back 10 mins, feel better after you get in, but damn it can be hard.

Considering doing this again once a week, 20 mins fasted cycling on bike at home once a week on top of my football on the weekend, surely that will help drop BF!

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had a good chest session today.

Only managed 90k bench which ****ed me off because last week I got 4 reps with a spotter of 100kg, guess that happens from time to time.

Warmup:

Did 4 sets varied reps of flat bench, heavier to lighter.

same for incline bench.

Inclined flyes starting with palms facing me (killer) super setting with 10 pressups.

Standing DB bicep curls, 3 sets.

3 sets EZ bar 15kg each side 6-8 reps, super setting removing 10kg from each side then getting 10-12 reps.

3 sets half chin ups working the bi's.

Session done.

Diet still alright I think, meeting my macros far as I can see.

Fasted cardio tomorrow, if weather is okay field run again if not 20 mins bike.

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still going well, hitting my calorie and macro targets, Had a back, tricep and ab session in the gym yesterday, also had footy this morning 9-12, didn't do it fasted as I need energy for pre season, plus being3 hours long I should hit some BF naturally.

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't weighed myself mate, will do on monday morning, interested to see how it goes, because I've been on around 200g carbs a day, 70g fat and 230-250g of protein a day, with all the cardio, so everything is maintenance level apart from protein increased by 25g.

What should I expect? Any more advice mate?

·
united>england
1,087 Posts
Hard to say until u weigh in and see if u have lost or gained.I wouldn't b having pb before a workout tho mate.read ur strength is down on bench what's it like on all other exercises?

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
m14rky said:
Hard to say until u weigh in and see if u have lost or gained.I wouldn't b having pb before a workout tho mate.read ur strength is down on bench what's it like on all other exercises?
The PB not good no? I was just soo hungry didn;t know what to go for to be honest.

My strength is good on other exercises, same as before or certain back exercises a touch stronger by a few KG.

Also think I will measure my waist on monday morning, and keep tabs on it like that.

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
Hey Chelios, glad to see the journals up. Will follow with interest.

Workout looks good. Diet prob needs some work. You'll benefit more if you get the macros down solid.

3000 cals a day shouldnt be too hard to achieve. My first meal is 7am so gives me plenty of time to get all my meals in.

Your pics show you as fairly lean already. Remember the more lean muscle you put on , the more cals you'll need to sustain them.

IMO - set fat at a set level , say 50g for example, protein at 1.5x your bodyweight (what are you, 180-190lbs?). Shoot for 300g protien and that'll give you 1200 cals. The 50g fat will provide 450cals. Leaves you 1350 cals to make up with carbs. Roughly (im not good with maths lol) 320g carbs.

Is all guess work as everyone responds differently. If you think your gettin a bit soft, ease off on the carbs, low on energy then up them a bit.

Fat is a useful tool for taking in cals quick as each gram of fat provides 9cals. So if you ran at 100g Fat then you can ease back on the carbs quite nicely.

As i say, depends how your body responds and how you generally feel body wise.

Look forward to watching your progress mate,

Subbed :D

- would def up protein to 300g min and work others out from that starting point.

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey 1Tonne, thanks mate, appreciate that, and advice always good.

I may start making my breakfast around 1000 cals, just so I can build on from there, but is it true that the body can only consume around 50g protein each time?

I'll take the fat, carb thing into consideration too, going to work on adjusting the diet more over the weekend, see what I can improve upon.

I'd like to get bit bigger/leaner nothing dramatic for now, but reduce BF if possible, those love handles to be gone by next year!

·
Shaping up ...
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
m14rky said:
Chicken and rice is good don't think u wants fats around training if ur getting stronger it's all good mate.
Last week mate I had chicken and rice 2-3 times in the week at lunch around 1pm.

May throw in a banana or other piece of fruit before workout if hungry.

·
Banned
1,897 Posts
m14rky said:
Chicken and rice is good don't think u wants fats around training if ur getting stronger it's all good mate.
Hmmm, love chicken and rice lol. And no , avoid the fats in your PreWO meal and PostWO meal. Fat slows down the transfer of proteins when you need it at its fastest.

I read somewhere to keep meals below 800 cals. I can neither remember where or why, but i think my heaviest cal meal is my morning shake at 750 cals.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.