UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that it is vital to have 1 cheat meal per week to 'shock' your body and thus increase the momentum of fat burning in a deficit to the rest of the week.

I usually have one Sunday evenings, most of the time a roast dinner and some sort of desert, but I always feel regretful after.

Does anyone have any more insight into this?

·
Super Moderator
12,761 Posts
Other than for psychological relief, eating off plan crap does nothing a more on plan meal of the same macros and minerals would do.

That is chicken breast, avocado and rice will do the exact same without the digestive issues and health impact of eating a zinger burger provided the nutrional value (inc electrolytes) is equal.

I'm not saying eating s**t every now and again will have any significant effect on your health or gains but it also won't do anything positive over any other meal of equal macros, if anything different at all it'll be a detriment in some aspects (blood markers and digestion).

Dietary breaks where needed however are highly efficacious for a sluggish metabolism.

You would bring calories up to maintenance and drop all cardio for a week or two

This will have a much much larger impact on your metabolism, performance in the gym and improve the continued results of your cut all without consuming anything that may knock digestion or health.

Mike Israetel has spoken about this fairly extensively.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts