UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gym Addict
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick bit of advice needed.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

I've been training for about 5 years now more or less and I've always done a 5 day body part split (mon-fri) sat-sun off.

<o:p> </o:p>

However I'm just going into another bulk determined this time to push my food intake up higher than it's ever been before. I seem to be a hard gainer and ive never really been more than 5 lb higher than my current weight so im REALLY determind to gain something.

Do you think I'd benefit from training less? Perhaps moving to a 3 day or 4 day split?

Also as a hard gainer how many exercises should I be aiming for per body part? And what rep range??

My priority is my shoulders right now as they are the area im lagging.

I've just reached a point where I've realised what im doing isn't working and im wondering what the best way of changing things to give my body a chance to make some good gain's.

·
Physiotherapist. Deadlift junkie.
2,586 Posts
Your body's only going to grow when you let it, training 5 days a week is fine but unless you're able to recover and eat sufficiently, you may end up spinning your wheels.

How has your strength progressed recently?

I personally find i enjoy and progress better on day on/day off splits, so a 4 day split will take me 8 days to get through. Rep range is up to you really, depends what you find works! Some body parts like low reps, some high, some both.

Could try easing off to a 3 or 4 day split for a few weeks and see if things differ to when you were training 5 days per week.

·
Gym Addict
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Magic Torch said:
Didn't you post this three weeks ago and start training with the advise given? How did you get on with that?
I didn't get a training plan :) the advice given was what i used to decided to go for a bulk though there where some dietary recomendations for timing my foods which i've been following for the last few weeks which is great but thats only 1/2 the equasion :) now i need to work out my training otherwise all this food is for nothing haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.