UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Phase 2: Hypertrophy Onslaught
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Studies in the Journal of Athletic Training 38 (Jan-Mar 2003): 44-50. National Athletic Trainers' Association, Inc, found that in the long term, increase in body mass was not only to do with increased water retention. Creatine is known to increase the mitotic activity in satellite cells which helps hypertrophy

HOWEVER, any pure grade creatine will do exactly the same for half the cost...

I've read/heard of alot of people saying they have gained stupid amounts on this, is it real or is it illusionary psychology?? The changes for those involved in the Hawthorne Works were real however it was due to illusionary psychology. I've not seen evidence of the former...

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought so fella.

Is there any evidence that oral intake of creatine with elevated glucose will increase mitotic activity and increase total body water greater than oral intake with no elevated glucose?

·
aka Marc
2,158 Posts
yes ive read few studies, cant put my finger on one at the moment though if i remember rightly it was something like a 3:1 ratio of carbs to creatine for optimal uptake, have a search on the forum bud there might be some info on here

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hackskii said:
Meat has creatine in it. Once it is loaded in the body more wont do anything.
Agreed however that based on the assumption that you are ingesting enough via your diet.

When creatine falls under the optimum level, I'm trying to find evidence of the best way to replenish and the most optimal delivery

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
But, depending on the intensity or the shorter time between sets this may compromise ATP stores........

ATP converts to ADP during a load, which creatine helps to convert ADP back to ATP.

I see it as if you are exhausting your ATP stores then yes creatine is a welcome substance.

If not then you either need to not supplement, or modify your workouts to make allowances for this.

I do feel that creatine is a welcome supplement for those that do train with weights.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your reply. I guess my next question is how would you know that you are exhausting? I think I know the answer, and its that you wont know so maintenance dose of creatine is treated more as an insurance policy?

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Well, Creatine is produced naturally (the body only makes about 1 to 3 grams of creatine per day) in the kidney, liver, and pancreas, it is also found in meat and fish.

There is about 5 grams of creatine in 2.2 pounds of raw meat, notice how it is raw, cooking lowers creatine for some reason.

Use only high quality research grade, orpharmaceutical grade creatine.

You can load up on creatine in the beginning, and take a glucose (dextrose what ever), 30 minutes after the creatine, this spike in insulin will be helpfull.

Then 5 grams a day once loaded would be fine.

Vegetarians should supplement creatine.

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
sophos9 said:
Thanks for the reply. Can you help with the ratio of dextrose to creatine?
Just mix it up im some grape juice, that has dextrose in it and you will be fine with that.

Load the first week using anywhere between 10 to 20 grams, then back down to 5 grams. grape juice is good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.