UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
want 5% off myprotein? use code MP16769
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive never really done cardio before but i want to start for health reasons. i am really strapped for time so im not sure when is the best time for this? my cardio will just be simply running or riding my bike when i can.

i barely have time to train right now, but i manage to get in a hour or so a day, would say 10-15mins running straight after my weights session be beneficial? or maybe a light job at night before i go to sleep? :thumbup1:

·
want 5% off myprotein? use code MP16769
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ride to campus everyday back and forward to get my meals in lol :lol: so thats a bit. guess ill just try to do a little run after my weights each time. reason im starting is because i was playing basketball other day and was so out of breathe quick and everyone else just kept going :whistling:

·
Eat big, train big!
2,245 Posts
willsey4 said:
I like to cardio first thing in the morning as wakes me up and also on an empty stomach is best for burning fat.
I find when i wake in the morning im really hungry, so hungry i feel a bit sick so i find it hard to do cardio on empty :confused1:

·
"If you had just one chance, just one opportunity,
1,100 Posts
I don't buy the never have time excuses. Recently for contest prep to make time i was either up at 430am or 40mins before usual, depending on shifts to do my cardio so that it wouldnt impact on my family life after work... After a week or so you get used to having that little bit less sleep, and in actual fact feel hell of a lot better for it too. Well i did anyway:thumb:

·
Gym Addict
108 Posts
i agree with exactly what brabus said. i would get up an hour early to start my 45mins cardio before work for my contest prep and have continued doing so even after my comp and intend too for the duration of my off season just reduction on the ammount done.

but going back to what you asked. i would do cardio when u can fit it in. if you have time after your work out hit the treadmill for a power walk on a moderate incline. this way the glycogen will be utilised from the muscle and heart rate will elevated so you can reach fat burning levels far sooner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts