UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Online Coach
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Q guys/gals

Been riding a motorbike for last year and a half, picked up a years no claims bonus..

Buying a Honda Civic CR-X Del Sol over next few days and as you can imagine, being 18 and first car - insurance companies are wanting to ass rape me..

What I'm wondering is, do the NCB's carry over from motorbike to car?

Driving instructor reckons yes, mates think no, parents don't have a clue haha

Any help would be great! :thumbup1:

·
Banned
3,150 Posts
I believe not mate. I've checked in the past and couldn't find any companies that offer this.

Have you got one of those Pass Plus certificates? That helps to lower insurance for new drivers.

·
Online Coach
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah mate, haven't got pass plus yet but will deffo do it...

Robbing ass raping batards insurance companies are...

If anyone works for one, feel free to hook us up some discount ;)

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
i dont think they do mate otherwise people would get a scooter at 16 and have 1-2 years no claims by the time they got a car at 17/18

i may be wrong though

·
Nothing earns you geek points like installing Linu
2,211 Posts
Carole Nash I think used to use Bike NCB if you then bought a car and insured with them (as bike riders normally more cautious) not sure if they still do.

Good Choice with the CRX I had a Mk2 VTEC, awesome car. Truely awesome (miss it)

·
Online Coach
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for that mate, I'll give them a go too :)

So far the cheapest I've got without NCB's is E-Insurance for £2100 (assuming I've got the pass plus too) so not too bad..

and yeah, I was just gonna go with a typical 1.2 clio or corsa but then a guy at the gym I work at mentioned he was selling his....I got in and thought ahhhh fuk the 1.2's - 2 seater 1.6 convertible has gotta be the way forward at 18 :)

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
ah24 said:
Cheers for that mate, I'll give them a go too :)

So far the cheapest I've got without NCB's is E-Insurance for £2100 (assuming I've got the pass plus too) so not too bad..

and yeah, I was just gonna go with a typical 1.2 clio or corsa but then a guy at the gym I work at mentioned he was selling his....I got in and thought ahhhh fuk the 1.2's - 2 seater 1.6 convertible has gotta be the way forward at 18 :)
More money than sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.