UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone take cannabis oil for pain relief? Is it effective?

Or does anyone have weed just for pain relief? It's not really a route I want to go down as I dislike weed from what I remember as a teenager smoking it.

I suffered severe damage to my ankle in April last year. Months of physio later and an MRI only 2 months ago my consultant is stumped with what needs to be done to rectify the problem. I'm having to go for more X-rays of my good foot to compare and he is sending me for a CT Scan.

Ive been taking 350-500mg codiene a day to numb the pain but I know this can't be good for me long term and just wondering what other pain med would be worthwhile. Doc wanted to try me on tramodol but to be honest I like the codiene I just now all the paracetamol isn't good for me

·
Premium Member
4,495 Posts

Or does anyone have weed just for pain relief? It's not really a route I want to go down as I dislike weed from what I remember as a teenager smoking it.

I suffered severe damage to my ankle in April last year. Months of physio later and an MRI only 2 months ago my consultant is stumped with what needs to be done to rectify the problem. I'm having to go for more X-rays of my good foot to compare and he is sending me for a CT Scan.

Ive been taking 350-500mg codiene a day to numb the pain but I know this can't be good for me long term and just wondering what other pain med would be worthwhile. Doc wanted to try me on tramodol but to be honest I like the codiene I just now all the paracetamol isn't good for me
If it's tendon damage then bpc157 is supposed to be effective. I've just started a 30 day course for some elbow and slight pateller tendinitis.

As for cannabis oil if you're talking about the legal CBD oil from what I can gather it's shite and just made from hemp with questionable levels of CBD. What you're best doing is getting a high CBD strain of actual weed, like an indica strain, which is basically what so called medical marijuana is - big bud, purple kush, afghan that kind of thing.

Edit: for course of you can get an oil of a high CBD strain then that will work as well but it won't be legal hemp oil you can buy online or in a vape shop.

I used to love a smoke hash, paki black and gold stamp and then all the skunk started coming out and it just blew me away man could not handle the mental sides cause it's all sativa hybrids.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's tendon damage then bpc157 is supposed to be effective. I've just started a 30 day course for some elbow and slight pateller tendinitis.

As for cannabis oil if you're talking about the legal CBD oil from what I can gather it's shite and just made from hemp with questionable levels of CBD. What you're best doing is getting a high CBD strain of actual weed, like an indica strain, which is basically what so called medical marijuana is - big bud, purple kush, afghan that kind of thing.

Edit: for course of you can get an oil of a high CBD strain then that will work as well but it won't be legal hemp oil you can buy online or in a vape shop.

I used to love a smoke hash, paki black and gold stamp and then all the skunk started coming out and it just blew me away man could not handle the mental sides cause it's all sativa hybrids.
I figured anything sold in chemists would be pointless.

I take 90mg codamol breakfast lunch and tea then 150mg before bed.

Playing I fractured my ankle and torn the ligaments they said I'll be good in a few months so months went by the physio and ultrasound and acupuncture with no luck condition got far worse. MRI showed fluid inside the bone and all around the joint which had the consultant stumped why it was there 11 months later. I'm seeing him in the morning as he had to show my MRI to another consultant for second opinion.

Im booked in for more x rays and a CY scan now and in the meantime I'm getting more physio, ankle moon boot thing and steroid injections until they decide what surgery to give me.

What I'm worried about it the levels of paracetamol I'm taking as my tablets are 30mg/500mg so I'm taking around 6.5g paracetamol a day and I don't want my liver to do a George best

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts

What are you taking? Codeine doesn't have paracetamol in, it has, codeine.

Maybe your body doesn't convert it very well? I personally don't get FA of worth off codeine I ate a box the other day and all it did was make me itch.

why not go back to the docs and get morphine or fentanyl patches?

·
Premium Member
3,638 Posts

Cannabis oil works wonders in small amounts. Too much though and you'll be stoned out your box.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Some on here believe Weed Is a bad Drug because It's Illigal but don't listen, yes It has many, many healing properties and as Sphrinker says you want some Real CBD Oil and your troubles will go away.

·
Premium Member
4,495 Posts
Some on here believe Weed Is a bad Drug because It's Illigal but don't listen, yes It has many, many healing properties and as Sphrinker says you want some Real CBD Oil and your troubles will go away.
Weeds a funny one a lot of people can smoke high THC skunk and be sound, go about there day to day business whereas a lot of other people are completely crippled by it, myself included. I've never tried a high CBD strain but I know when I used to smoke resis I was fine but when I moved on to weed it completely changed. I tried a brownie from a batch my mate cooked just to see if I was cured, hadn't smoke in like ten years, and my brain just went into overdrive just like before, I had some kind of panic attack and went to bed lol. I'd maybe try resin or a high CBD indica strain (my dad has a couple of plants as he can't smoke the skunks) but I get random drug tests in work so I couldn't anyway. Need to stick to short half life reccies lol.

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
Your pro-weed campaign is really strange. I'm not sure why you need to tout it at every opportunity.

CBD will solve all your troubles yeh? Well CBD is legal if it's such a wonder drug why isn't it prescribed for everything?

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CWE you just add the tablets to water Luke warm dissolve them, pop then in fridge then filter, either coffee filter of kitchen roll is better I find.

Paracetamol is not water soluble you see in cold water. But I'm assuming these are prescribed so its easier to ask the doc to change to codeine?
I voiced my concerns about the level or paracetamol I was consuming to get enough codiene to make the pain relief effective and I would prefer higher codiene or just codiene and her reply was it was them 30/500 or move me to tramadol

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ketamine is great for pain relief, as is heroin. Most stimulants will help you ignore pain, so maybe some speed or coke to round it all off.
Tied them all bar heroine and don't think they would be would I'm after in this scaneraio but thanks for trying to sort a brother out

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hear that cannabis oil is especially good for people who rely on medications, such as opioids, that can be habit-forming and cause more side effects, as a remedy for chronic pain. I've tried it as an alternative, but believe me, many medications are better. One I particularly like is this brand that produces quality supplements that regulate blood flow and increase circulation and contain good ingredients. They don't create dependence, like other drugs, and are a great natural remedy. If you take them every day, you'll see results. If they don't work for you, don't worry, there are a lot of great alternatives on the market!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts