UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tenbears
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've sat in front off this screen four or five times now watching that little line flicking on and off and wondering what the **** to say knowing i've got a **** load to get off my chest, with out sounding like a cryin bollocks, but i'll keep it short and to the point. if you ever have any doubt in your mind that a doctor is wrong with his diagnosis do not be afraid to question them and get a second opinion... my dad did'nt, his voice gradually got more ho**** along with weight loss he went to the same g.p for 4 months and was told it was an infection had a few chest x Ray's and had a dietitian once a month for the weight loss [he went from 11 stone to 7 stone] and it was when we got him to hospital they found the tumer... i've went on a bit,yeas get the idea if in doubt get a second opinion, i wish we did

must be close to 2 years since my old man took i'll and i've been out of the gym since i start back next week.

·
Gym Addict
166 Posts
I couldnt agree more!

My dad was misdiagnosed as having piles by the same doctor (the family doctor) for a year when in fact he was actually suffering with one of the most curable (if caught in the early stages) forms of cancer, bowel cancer.

After a year the tumour had grown and over the next six years he went through a series of radiotherapy, stiched, unstiched, wounds opened, closed, reopened and all different kinds of nasty medicines and treatments which may have not been necessary had he have got a second opinion.

A true scotsman, as strong as an oxe, a very proud man, pain-stakingly and without complaint fought his battle for six years. He died at 54.

He had faith.

He was my dad. I miss him. Alot

x

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Sorry to hear that, mate. Always get a second opinion. I actually got 3 (two at hospital) when my appendix burst and got sent away each time being told to drink fluids until I was eventually rushed to hospital after a week of vomitting black stuff, not eating or sh1tting.

·
Even if it's too heavy....lift it!
2,173 Posts
stephie34 said:
I couldnt agree more!

My dad was misdiagnosed as having piles by the same doctor (the family doctor) for a year when in fact he was actually suffering with one of the most curable (if caught in the early stages) forms of cancer, bowel cancer.

After a year the tumour had grown and over the next six years he went through a series of radiotherapy, stiched, unstiched, wounds opened, closed, reopened and all different kinds of nasty medicines and treatments which may have not been necessary had he have got a second opinion.

A true scotsman, as strong as an oxe, a very proud man, pain-stakingly and without complaint fought his battle for six years. He died at 54.

He had faith.

He was my dad. I miss him. Alot

x
sorry doll for your loss.

same with my mother, she had an easily curable cancer, but for ages was misdiagnosed with endometriosis (it was cervical cancer). deep down i knew she had cancer, as she lost lots of weight and was puking every night. i knew when i laid in my bed she had cancer before they even diagnosed it, but felt i shouldnt say anything in case i got shouted at for 'making bad stuff up'

when they found out she did have cancer, didnt even shock me as i already knew. it was at a high level by then (cat C i think) she couldnt have chemo due to her kidneys ruined, so they did the most extreme form of raiotherapy, which was shove metal rods up her vagina and fried the thing to shreds. it went into remission, but then it came back and in the february she was diagnosed terminal. then she started fainting everywhere but remained ok, then in her last 2 weeks (end of july - start of august) she deteriorated rapidly. cancer must of metastisised everywhere. i think they said it had spread to other organs. on the day she was admitted to the hospice, she walked to the ambulance, 5 days later, she died a horrific death wide awake and basically her system shut down but she tried to fight. i watch my mum screaming choking to death. i remember even when she stopped moving with her mouth wide open i was watching the throat try to swallow air. she looked at my dad, then my aunty, then me, then died with her eyes back on dad. she died of cancer and renal failure. she was only in her early 40's.

scarred me for life. i still lose sleep over it, and have nightmares.

cancer is a F*CKING HORRIFIC THING.

·
For 5% off at myprotein.co.uk use code MP15618462
1,360 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Dad mate, my mum has recently been diagnosed with cancer and it's ****.

The gym is a good place to forget about stuff, it works for me.

All the best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.