UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
small Lee
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is an average days intake im currently 15 stone ,5ft 11 and 12-14%BF i now think.

Meal 1 07:15- 3 scoops of ultra fine oats ,2 scoops protien

Meal 2 10:00- 250g lean steak mince ,90g wholewheat pasta(dry weight),broccoli

Meal 3 12:15- 2 slice oatmeal bread 3 spoons whole earth peanut butter,apple,2 scoops protien

Meal 4 15:00- 250g lean steak mince ,90g wholewheat pasta(dry weight),broccoli

Pre workout 18:00- bannana ,2 scoops protien

Post workout 2000- 500ml lucozade ,2/3 scoops protien

Meal 5 22:00- 250g cottage cheese

All shakes made with water

also supplementing with arganine,creatine,glutamine,fish oil caps,multi-vit,glucosamine sulphate.

I have used this diet when bulking and it has served me well so far but i feel it still can be tweaked further,goals at the moment are maximum size but i also like to throw a few low carb weeks in around 80g a day with AM cardio every 8 weeks or so...............all comments welcome. :rockon:

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Meal 1 07:15- 3 scoops of ultra fine oats ,2 scoops protien

i would change the protein powder for 2 whole eggs and 4-6 egg whites

Meal 2 10:00- 250g lean steak mince ,90g wholewheat pasta(dry weight),broccoli

Meal 3 12:15- 2 slice oatmeal bread 3 spoons whole earth peanut butter,apple,2 scoops protien

personally i tend to keep my meals either protein and carbs or protein and fats so this meal i would remove the bread. This is just my personal preference tho

Meal 4 15:00- 250g lean steak mince ,90g wholewheat pasta(dry weight),broccoli

Pre workout 18:00- bannana ,2 scoops protien

i would change the banana for oats here and have it atleast an hour before workout

Post workout 2000- 500ml lucozade ,2/3 scoops protien

i would ditch the lucozade for maltodextrin powder or cornfllour

Meal 5 22:00- 250g cottage cheese

add in a scoop of protein powder here

All shakes made with water

also supplementing with arganine,creatine,glutamine,fish oil caps,multi-vit,glucosamine sulphate.

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
That was a good diet for you goals mate, there were some convenience foods in there which could be replaced with whole food alternatives but you have to change the diet to suit your lifestyle.

I would like to see more citrus fruit in there thats it really. Nice simple diet, much like Geos.

SD

·
UK-Muscle Moderator
15,472 Posts
i'd love to see a better meal after training to be honest..

nothing wrong with whacking a sweet spud, chicken and veg in before bed with 10ml oil on there aswell would be a better alternative to fukin cottage cheese lol (as u can tell i am not a fan!)

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
DB said:
i'd love to see a better meal after training to be honest..

nothing wrong with whacking a sweet spud, chicken and veg in before bed with 10ml oil on there aswell would be a better alternative to fukin cottage cheese lol (as u can tell i am not a fan!)
Me either bud, cottage cheese is rank, I have forced myself to eat it for wayy to long lol! :tongue:

·
small Lee
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha Ha the cottage cheese haters society!! i like to get it in before bed due to the fact it contains slow release protien......yes i know lucozade is a poor effort ,again its there just to get a quick wack of fast carbs(sugar) after training as i cant seem to stomach a meal after training,i was having white bread and jam after training! ....what would you guys suggest after my training leading up to bed:rolleyes:

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Greekgoddess said:
Isn't protein powder a bi product of cottage cheese.....LOL!
More accuratly milk.

As SportsDr said, I would select more whole foods and less powders.

A rule of thumb, fruits in the morning, vegetables at night.

Try and vary all your vegetables and fruits, select diffrent colors too, this will give you a wider spectrum of vitamins and minerals.

·
small Lee
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason Greek goddess for the cottage cheese is that i cant afford to buy both casien and isolate whey so i stick with isolate , but its no good before bed its absorbed to quick:tongue:, suppose i could have some peanut butter with it to help slow digestion down??......ok so what i have read so far replace the lucozade for corn flower or maltrodex***(forgot its name lol) then an hour or two after this post workout shake have a whole meal before bed instead of cottage cheese,and also have my fruit in day only and my veg day/night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.