UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do more exercise than anyone I know personally, yet I'm never tired enough to fall asleep. I usually drift off between 3/4am and get up at 8. I can't nap during the day.. I'm just rarely tired, but when I do feel tired.. I feel extremely tired and can sleep for a whole day :lol:

I've tried resetting my body clock so many times, doesn't work. Same with most sleep aid products I have tried, or they'll work for a few days than nadda. I don't want to get some prescribed meds but I'm seriously considering it now as it's driving me nuts :(

Anyone else sh*t at getting to sleep?

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
Genuinely, one of the best sleep aids is sex. If you don't have a missus get on plentyoffish to find a munter or just knock one off yourself.

Do you have a daily schedule? I haven't had a proper daily schedule for about 3.5 years now, and that is the main cause of my sleep pattern being all out of whack and needing fixing once a month.

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
I can be like that sometimes. It can be hard to do in this day and age but I find a few things can help, like only watching TV if I know what I want to watch, watching only one film a week and not being on the compture to late like I am know. Some people resort to cannabis but doesn't solve the problem. It just puts it in the cupboard for later.

Joey

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
SiPhil said:
Genuinely, one of the best sleep aids is sex. If you don't have a missus get on plentyoffish to find a munter or just knock one off yourself.
I dont find knocking one of helps but a good dirty f**k puts me right to sleep! :thumb:

·
Banned
322 Posts
SiPhil said:

Do you have a daily schedule? I haven't had a proper daily schedule for about 3.5 years now, and that is the main cause of my sleep pattern being all out of whack and needing fixing once a month.
that is spot on..after sex i nod straight off

·
is going to be in as good shape again as my profil
763 Posts
Im the other end of the scale and can't stay awake..

Feel ****ed all the time, I just don't think you're training hard enough mate:lol: ya big girl..

Get a 12 hour night and day shift job mate and a baby you will be begging for sleep. :lol:

·
Banned
10,291 Posts
I have tinitus and find it extremely hard sometimes, even more so if it changes pitch slightly. I have to listen to my Ipod on a low volume. Even when its just normal its really hard to sleep, mostly because the other ear becomes hyper sensitive to other background noise so any little noise is proper loud.

I normally stay up until I am really sleepy and that normally helps, really hot bath followed by 3mins on top of the missus usually cains me out enough to drop right off lol

·
"Our Keith's miles bigger than you"
3,176 Posts
Zopiclone works well.

Failing that, some piriton which is in heyfever meds.

Don't exercise too close to bedtime. Take some ZMA an hour before bed and a milky drink 30 mins before bed.

Cut out caffeine. If like me, even one cup a day makes a difference, cut it out. Drink de-caf coffee and coke. The difference between having a small amount of caffeine and NO caffeine is huge, for me.

Keep cool at night. When you're cooler, blood is drawn away (even from your brain) towards your core, keeping your vitals going, which will make you drowsy. Sleep with windows open.

Eat a small meal before bed.

·
Gym Addict
244 Posts
get some inositol and glycene (mp do them) take one heaped tsp of each along with 2-4 ashwaganda tabs (h& B) 20 mins before bed. if you can get some melatonin tabs take 2 of those aswell. you will sleep through and you wake feeling refreshed not groggy.

stay away from the pc/laptop late on as it can interfere with melatonin. avoid tea and coffee aswell.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.