UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gym Addict
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to know if you have gyno surgery and the surgen does a good job and gets rid of most of the tissue can it come back again or are you at reduced risk of it?

Steve

·
Gym Addict
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mars1960 said:
If the surgeon doesn't remove the whole mammary gland (which very few do for gynecomastia) then yes it can.
Is there a reason they dont remove the whole gland? or do the just do the minimum required to make it look ok and assume it wont get any worse.

Steve

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
steve_1111uk said:
Is there a reason they dont remove the whole gland? or do the just do the minimum required to make it look ok and assume it wont get any worse.

Steve
Generally a surgeon will only do what is necessary because surgery carries risks, there is little benefit to risk ratio in removing the whole gland for what is basically a cosmetic procedure.

·
Gym Addict
120 Posts
mars1960 said:
Generally a surgeon will only do what is necessary because surgery carries risks, there is little benefit to risk ratio in removing the whole gland for what is basically a cosmetic procedure.
As a matter of interest, are there any long term risks or sides that you know of, associated with the complete removal of the glands ?

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
chrisd123 said:
If the surgeon removes the whole gland theres a greater risk of having inverted nipples... I was told by a surgeon that if I wanted to have the whole gland removed then I would need an implant to try to stop inverted nipples.... which could end up looking worse.
Exactly, they will leave a button of tissue under the nipple to stop it dying from a lack of blood supply.

The end of my thread explains a bit about surgery and aftercare.

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/steroid-testosterone-information/38358-gynecomastia-faqs-dr-r-t-silverman.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.