UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
I was watching the news this morning about cameras in birmingham and the muslims feeling victimised...IMHO i think they should stay and right for it...It I think the Asian and muslim population must understand if they are coming to a foreign country..."Britain" That is occupying islamic states...then there is a genuine and potential threat by muslims.."not all" besides there has been attacks plus...attempted attacks on the UK...

Plus big brother watches on the the whole country for criminals and the likes...does that mean we should ban them from everywhere cause most people are innocent of crimes....... Anyway waht are your views on it? Remember we are the most watched country in europe apparently

Plus I am interested on your view concerning the banning of the burka I have heard 65% of the british public voted for banning the full face burka?!

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a big thing in the news today..that the muslim communities in birmingham... Are feeling victimised about all the cameras there are around their area....thats all buddy...I basically wanted to know everyone's views on it!!1

·
Premium Member
11,201 Posts
first paragraph made me think..... here we go again......

second paragraph - if your doing nothing wrong youve got nothing to hide. it also has its plus sides. my mate got attacked in the street and kicked the lads ar5e. the lad and his chums then claimed that it was my mate who attacked him. cctv proved my mate to be innocent. without it my mate could of ended up with a record for defending himself.

thrid paragraph - someone wearing a full burka doesnt affect me at all - dont really see why its such an issue. the state doesnt tell me how to dress.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
I laughed when I read this and heard it on the radio, mostly because the areas in question are not 100% muslim, I have had the pleasure of living in a few parts of Brum over the years Alumn Rock, Sparkbrook, Aston, and Lozells, all of these areas as a white bloke I was a visible ethnic minority, but was not alone.

Theres a big elephant in the room that no one want to talk about at fear of being labelled racist or anti Islamic etc.

Islam is a faith, its not a ethnic group, but parts of the country it has a disproportionate political voice, but thats only cos the people of the faith choose to express their views, and do so far better and more often than other groups in the country.

As to the Burka, I repsect that the French and other countries have trusted the democratic process to come to a decision based on the publics wishes, we dont have that right in the UK. If a women want to wear it good for her, if she's being told to wear it , bang out of order.

I respect people to have different ways of thinking and behaving, half the time I dont agree or bloody even like what some groups do, but I accept there right to be, but wish that the communities that now make up the UK would take a seconds thought and look at themselves and ask "are we as accepting of other people views and cultures and life choices as we could be?"

Other thing would to stop all forms being produced in a multitude of languages, and abolish interpretuers for people who live in the UK, Draconian yes but if a person cant speak a language of a country they or great grandparents have chosen to live in, what hope have we of full intergration. If they are struggling they can phone the Embassey of country of origin and get the "home nation" to fund the cost.

·
Patch is no Match
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but hte burka has more points than...just if she is told ot wear it...i have heard pretty much any person in the world can travel in a burka....and not be asked to reveal yourself...due to religion...and that means anyone can travel guised...i dont no if i am misinformed about this, and ignorant???

When i lived abroad with alot of islamic people ..i saw no full face burka's tbh well not to my recollection...and had and have alot of good friends from baghdad etc..its all confusing tbh..

·
Gym Addict
293 Posts
offo said:
Plus big brother watches on the the whole country for criminals and the likes...does that mean we should ban them from everywhere cause most people are innocent of crimes....... Anyway waht are your views on it? Remember we are the most watched country in europe apparently
With regards to this paragraph and your statement i highlighted, quite frankly yes. As always with regards to ANPR, video survelliance, the DNA database etc we must carefully consider the need for survelliance to fight crime in comparison to invasion of privacy. Mass recording of entire sections of cities and housing estates is simply a disproportionate invasion of personal privacy when compared to the increase in the ability to fight crime.

A poster above mentioned that if you have nothing to hide there is nothing to fear, I simply propose this point, If I have nothing to hide, then I am innocent and should be free to walk free without being surveyed and my life logged on some database.

In order to deal with anti-social behaviour we need police on the streets making there presence known not a camera videoing the daily lives of every innocent businessman, paper boy, mum travelling to school with the kids etc etc, this is a problem that I feel increasingly continues to happen we change our laws to attempt to solve a problem yet very little attempt was made to enforce the previous set of laws, take the Automatic number plate recognition cameras they are largely justified as being set up to combat uninsured drivers, yet simply watch 'police, camera, action' and you will see that majority of drivers stopped for no insurance are not charged by the crown prosecution service. Do we need a mass network of cameras? No we just need out current laws enforced.

With regards to terrorism, if there is genuine cause to beleive that someone is a terrorist then the police should have the powers neccessary to follow and survey suspects, they already do however, a change in the law is not needed to combat terrorism/extremism what we need is for the police to go out and enforce our current laws and with regards to combatting terror the police have my full and unconditional support.

Just to say, I consider this a debate and not an argument, as such I hope we can keep any posts civil and not resort to personal insults.

·
Looking Freaky
757 Posts
I'd like to live in as free a country as possible. Muslims aren't being adversely affected - everyone is. The Government may just be looking for criminals now and may not be bad but what happens when they are? and all these laws and measures of control and spying are already in place and accepted by everyone as normal?

I'd prefer the state to be as small as possible but one of the definite jobs of the state is to protect individuals against each other. Measures such as CCTV should only be used if the protection offered is proportionate to the infringement of individual rights. I'm sure many countries have lower crime rates with fewer CCTV and other spying laws.

I don't like the burkha but it is their right to wear what they wish. The issue of banks and public places needs to be addressed but must be proportionate. What if the banning of the burkha in banks/council buildings/schools or whatever results in these women becoming even more removed from society and dependant on their husbands? (something those against the burkha already fear)

·
Gym Addict
474 Posts
Mmm I dunno people in my area get watched all the time and their not muslim? well most of them arnt, I would say theres any more cameras in muslim populated areas on compare to less muslim populated areas, we're getting watched all the time without having to be asian, european, african etc. Its not just to stop the terrorism but to stop crime in general, personally I think its nonsense how they dont like it that their being watched, the cameras cause more good than they do distruption. Really a pointless arguement from their side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.