UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll start by saying my profile pic was pre lockdown, I look like s**t now.. my question is:

As a 30 year old 87kg 180cm male with 19% bf with a supposed TDEE of around 3000, how does a cut with 1934 cals , 192 protein, 42g fat, 233 carbs sound?

I'm weighing my foods consists of a banana over oats etc shake in the morning, 2x chicken and potato , pb rice cakes and shake, and PWO cereal and a shake.

This seems a lot of food to me I'm surprised it's not even 2000cals, is this calory drop going to hinder me where its too low

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
So I'll start by saying my profile pic was pre lockdown, I look like s**t now.. my question is:

As a 30 year old 87kg 180cm male with 19% bf with a supposed TDEE of around 3000, how does a cut with 1934 cals , 192 protein, 42g fat, 233 carbs sound?

I'm weighing my foods consists of a banana over oats etc shake in the morning, 2x chicken and potato , pb rice cakes and shake, and PWO cereal and a shake.

This seems a lot of food to me I'm surprised it's not even 2000cals, is this calory drop going to hinder me where its too low
Pretty heavy deficit to start with. When weight starts to stall it'll be tough to lower that even further

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
If your maintenance is 3000cal and your dropping to 2k, it gives you no room to play with. Yes you'll lose weight, muscle too. Drop cals by 10% (whatever macro it comes from, it don't matter), then when weight stalls for a certain amount of time, either drop by further 5-10% or increase expenditure. Simple :thumbup1:

·
One set, one chance!
4,488 Posts
Why are you thinking of such a drastic deficit?

It's highly likely you're gonna stall pretty quickly and you're training will suffer.

Theres better ways to manipulate a diet/ fat loss with a more moderate approach.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you thinking of such a drastic deficit?

It's highly likely you're gonna stall pretty quickly and you're training will suffer.

Theres better ways to manipulate a diet/ fat loss with a more moderate approach.
To be honest mate It seemed a mild cut I was very surprised when I calorie counted.

Morning shake (banana PB oats honey protein blueberrys whole milk)

200g chicken 200g potato

2 x rice cake with PB

Protein shake whole milk

200g chicken 200g potato

Post W/O - bowl of special K and another shake.

This keeps me going nicely ! I crave fat and sugar but it isn't killing me. I understand it is a large deficit but I want to lose about 7% bf before I bulk up again

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
To be honest mate It seemed a mild cut I was very surprised when I calorie counted.

Morning shake (banana PB oats honey protein blueberrys whole milk)

200g chicken 200g potato

2 x rice cake with PB

Protein shake whole milk

200g chicken 200g potato

Post W/O - bowl of special K and another shake.

This keeps me going nicely ! I crave fat and sugar but it isn't killing me. I understand it is a large deficit but I want to lose about 7% bf before I bulk up again
I'd lose my mind and feel like [email protected] on this diet. A banana and a few blueberries are your days fruit/veg consumption? You do understand your body needs certain nutrients, macro nutrients, minerals to function. Plus to function how you want it. I ate better than this when I was at school :lol:

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd lose my mind and feel like [email protected] on this diet. A banana and a few blueberries are your days fruit/veg consumption? You do understand your body needs certain nutrients, macro nutrients, minerals to function. Plus to function how you want it. I ate better than this when I was at school :lol:
Haha yeah I get that, I never eat veg man cannot stand it and fruit just seems like extra sugar for me. I take plenty of vits minerals oils electrolytes aminos etc, and this diet gives me 1934 cals , 192 protein, 42g fat, 233 carbs without getting too hungry. Maybe I should add more to it even though I don't feel I need it? I have plenty of energy in the gym (fasted cardio AM weights PM)

Then again the energy could be from the clen lol

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Supplements have there place but they are miles away from the real thing. Fiber, minerals etc etc.

So there's not one vegetable you like?? Fruit gives you energy, yes. Perfect for around workouts. Most easily absorbed. Not only do you get the energy, you get all the benefits that they bring when actually eating them.

It all depends if you care about that type of thing. Yes you'll get away with it, but sooner or later it will take its toll.

Carbs don't have to come directly from potato, rice etc etc. You could probably quadruple your volume of food and end up with the same "macros" you want. Just takes a bit of effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts