UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Can't take the online reviews at face value. Too many fake ones. Cheers.
God dammit, how many times - Nest Cam. Night vision, microphone, speaker - app will notify you if it sees so much as a fuсking mouse running around. Everything streamed live to the cloud. You can use the speaker to inform the burglar that he's fuсked.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
We have an ADT system which i can't say has ever given us any bother.

Other than that take extra precautions, a good solid door (with chain or latch inside).

Dont leave your keys in the door itself, or on a table near it if possible.

Put the blinds down on any ground floor rooms when your jn bed.

A motion sensor light is a really good idea.

My wife has planted roses under the main living room window set.

As always if you have expensive kit then contents insurance is a must, make sure the ledger is up to date.

·
Premium Member
17,313 Posts
We have an ADT system which i can't say has ever given us any bother.

Other than that take extra precautions, a good solid door (with chain or latch inside).

Dont leave your keys in the door itself, or on a table near it if possible.

Put the blinds down on any ground floor rooms when your jn bed.

A motion sensor light is a really good idea.

My wife has planted roses under the main living room window set.

As always if you have expensive kit then contents insurance is a must, make sure the ledger is up to date.
I've been taught on my fire training, that the ideal place to leave the house keys is either in the door, or on a hook right next to the door.
Just for immediate access in case of a fire, then you and all the family members know exactly how to escape as quick as possible

·
I don't sleep, I just dream.
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been taught on my fire training, that the ideal place to leave the house keys is either in the door, or on a hook right next to the door.
Just for immediate access in case of a fire, then you and all the family members know exactly how to escape as quick as possible
Houses don't set on fire anymore since people don't cook chips in a pan. Apparently.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
That's where i used to keep mine too, until i watched a documentary showing how easy it is for a thief to run a wire coathanger through the door letterbox to pull the keys out and just open them up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts