UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife stopped growing while bulking cycle.
Now its the 6th week of same weight.
Protein, carbs,clean food ensured. Training probably ok, any idea about possible other causes?
I mean: failed gear quality, absorption issues by her celiac disease, or simple wrong roid distribution?
Started June with Masteron for 4 weeks, then Stanazolol pills, then its the 6th week of NPP now, 0,8ml/100mg every second day...
Just read somewhere, that for female body builders NPP should be supported some other gear also, its no use to operate itself.

Clothing Joint Photograph Blue Swimsuit top

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
My wife stopped growing while bulking cycle.
Now its the 6th week of same weight.
Protein, carbs,clean food ensured. Training probably ok, any idea about possible other causes?
I mean: failed gear quality, absorption issues by her celiac disease, or simple wrong roid distribution?
Started June with Masteron for 4 weeks, then Stanazolol pills, then its the 6th week of NPP now, 0,8ml/100mg every second day...
Just read somewhere, that for female body builders NPP should be supported some other gear also, its no use to operate itself.

View attachment 176535
Very simple answer to this question. Not consuming enough calories. It's that simple.

For your wife being a competitive bodybuilder she should know this herself??

·
Registered
13 Posts
"For your wife being a competitive bodybuilder she should know this herself?? "
That's not that simple, beside this her personal knowledge is not the topic of my question.

She is 64 kg and consumes 150-160g protein, and 300g clean carbs. Carbs were increased 2 weeks ago from 180 to check the same idea, you wrote about not enough calories.
And i am not sure if the mentioned digestive or possible quality issue is read by you.

·
Premium Member
13,117 Posts
Standard advice is that if she's not gaining weight, then she needs to eat more, so I'd start there. Not gaining muscle is one thing, but if the scales literally aren't moving then try more food. If there's some medical issue that means she's not absorbing nutrients then that's above us mate and I'd advise she go to the doctor's, but yeah, give more food a try.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
What carb sources is she currently eating?

Reason being, I struggle like mad with pasta in terms of digestion and this affects me in terms of weight fluctuation as I can feel the digestive stress, however I can eat bread & rice until the cows come home with no bloat or issues so I of course no longer eat pasta!

As NWO says though if it's digestive specific best to probably speak to a GP and get a referral for food tolerance tests.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What carb sources is she currently eating?

Reason being, I struggle like mad with pasta in terms of digestion and this affects me in terms of weight fluctuation as I can feel the digestive stress, however I can eat bread & rice until the cows come home with no bloat or issues so I of course no longer eat pasta!

As NWO says though if it's digestive specific best to probably speak to a GP and get a referral for food tolerance tests.
I dont know the english name, a kind of extruded rice(pic), cooked bashmati rice, sweet potato,potato and veggies, carrot, broccoli, cabbage, etc
And she bakes bread herself using anything but gluten content flours because of celialic.

Food Ingredient Cuisine Recipe Dish

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I dont know the english name, a kind of extruded rice(pic), cooked bashmati rice, sweet potato,potato and veggies, carrot, broccoli, cabbage, etc
And she bakes bread herself using anything but gluten content flours because of celialic.

View attachment 176541
We'd just call those rice cakes here, not the best source of carbs mainly due to the GI rating being over 80 - so presuming she is snacking between meals on them they'll hit blood sugars pretty hard, they also aren't providing anything in the way of fibre or nutrients.

Might be worth dropping them for a week or two and substituting with more white potato to see if that moves things along.

LT

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Insulin would do the trick just use humalog and 10g of carbs for every iu and some dextrose on standby just incase .
I am no expert but if she suffers fromceliacs introducing insulin and additional carb sources could provide a bigger issue and not allow them to find the current route.

I assume OP she is staying gluten free completely ?

also are you saying she is taking 100mg every two days or 350mg a week if so she wants to stop as soon as possible, or reduce that's seems way to high.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Insulin is an absurd suggestion in view of these particular circumstances, we're talking about a low level female competitor who in theory probably isn't enough - insulin is not required nor should it be considered here.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Says who ? And what has female got to do with anything?
Says anybody with common sense, insulin isn't the first logical step to take for somebody who can't put weight on is it? Plenty of other things to try first off.

In terms of what has female got to do with it, again kind of relates to above - it would be a last resort for a male primarily who is at the limits of mass or a real elite female in a similar position, not a casual level bodybuilder on a moderate bulk.

Sledgehammer and walnut comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
"low level female competitor who in theory probably isn't enough "

Big lol.
Eating enough it should have said and that's not meant disrespectfully in the slightest by the way, as I alluded to in my reply there it would be a last resort to start messing with insulin and not required currently for your wife, it would be overkill.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
"low level female competitor who in theory probably isn't enough "

Big lol.

So she doesnt have any issue, simple stupid ?
She looks great bro and if I'm right by what I'm reading she's looking to advance further and go as far as she can , female bodybuilders are up against it , if she doesn't want to grow a beard sound like a man and have a clit like a small dick then I'm afraid insulin is the only way she's going get to the level I think your hoping for, insulin is a major part of competitive bodybuilding and even more so for females , not talked about much and few own up to it but believe me top competitive female bodybuilder are all on insulin and you can't compete at that level without it and that's the raw truth

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eating enough it should have said and that's not meant disrespectfully in the slightest by the way, as I alluded to in my reply there it would be a last resort to start messing with insulin and not required currently for your wife, it would be overkill.
TALBOTL:
Yes, I understand that and thank you.
We have a communication issue here, based my weaker english and my position, as an outsider from Body Building husband, who bring this topic here, to help her.

Can you confirm, that for 64kg bodyweight, 150g protein, 300g carbs not good enough?

About ricecake: she knows that those not the best carbs, but she is in a middle of a strict diet to avoid any gluten, that's why oat missing from her list. In the next few days we try to get back to foodlist oat, exactly follow the method, what actual science advised after CD diagnosed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
She looks great bro and if I'm right by what I'm reading she's looking to advance further and go as far as she can , female bodybuilders are up against it , if she doesn't want to grow a beard sound like a man and have a clit like a small dick then I'm afraid insulin is the only way she's going get to the level I think your hoping for, insulin is a major part of competitive bodybuilding and even more so for females , not talked about much and few own up to it but believe me top competitive female bodybuilder are all on insulin and you can't compete at that level without it and that's the raw truth
Thanks, I think that insulin wont be used at the moment. We are far away to get all the potential effects from basic steroids yet.
Started to working out 3,5 years ago only, on roids for 2 years now with small steps in usage.

Muscle Brassiere Waist Gesture Swimwear

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.