UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
661 - 680 of 684 Posts

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #661 ·
Mental health and enjoying nature.

The Sparrow chicks in my popular nest box are growing, I can hear their calls easily now. The Sparrow parents are fussy, I have to be out of sight or not looking in the direction of the nest box for them to feed the chicks. That is playing safe, not to attract attention to the nest. They need not worry, the nest box is extra strong I added extra screws to it, those chicks are safe in there! My other nest box is having the nest relined with fresh material by the Sparrow parents ready for the next brood. Sparrows can have three. On top of that, the Starling youngsters are using my bird bath so I keep the water clean for them and other birds that come for a drink. All go it is, and I'm out there today doing a bit of gardening. When the birds get used to you they come close, a Blackbird came with his new born once and they were only inches from me. A Robin came into my porch and hovered at my kitchen window so I would see him, he wanted some food!

Birds are not daft either, their eye sight is as good as ours, and they are clever too. A Robin used to hover by the door sensor at B&Q to open the doors. A small bird, possibly a Wren would hover by the sensor of a security light to turn it on and then the bright light would attract the bugs! All fact!

Get out and enjoy nature, put your phone away for a few hours, it will do you good!

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
If you have started reading my Journal from this page, please start at page one, as I have added investigated information from numerous sources that may help you with your bodybuilding and fitness goals. Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 ·
19th June 2022.

Trained this evening on my full body routine as below:-

Seated rows 3×15 - 120lbs (155lbs × 8 Reps)
Chest press 3×15 - 120lbs (176lbs × 5 Reps)
Lat pull down 3×15 - 110lbs (144lbs × 5 Rep)
Pec deck 3×12 - 80lbs
Upright rows 3×12 - 80lbs
Back press 3×12 - 80lbs
Shoulder rises 3×12 - 20lbs (one shoulder)
Bicep curls 3×12 - 55lbs
Tricep pull down 3×12 - 55lbs
Leg extension 3×12 - 120lbs
Leg biceps 3×12 - 90lbs
Standing calves 3×20 - 90lbs (144lbs × 11 Reps)
Dead lift 3×15 - 165lbs (200lbs × 8 Reps)
Kick backs 3×15 - 10lbs (One leg)

Trained on my Multigym. Went well, a good slightly lighter session with more repetitions after long days working hard. Enjoyed it too. Weights in bold (black) are increases since start of my Journal. I use lighter weight and perform more repetitions, more repetitions than is stated above. I managed the weight in bold (green) performing less repetitions. With work around my house, at a car rental station and extra cardio, I am currently having to slip a day on my Full Body Routine. Yogurt before training and Morrisons Indian meal after. Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #665 ·
Car rental station today, that will keep me working hard. Leaving the gardening, but been out there and it's all go with the birds. Male Sparrow flew out my popular nest box as I opened the back door, Starling youngster's in my garden, a pair of Collared Doves and Wood Pigeons that are always there and that was without having a good look. Young fledglings don't know danger, it seems they have to learn that. A Starling youngster was in my garden border yesterday, it hardly had a tail, that is still growing, so I knew it was not long out of the nest. I walked up to it and it just looked at me, I stayed a while and watched it as it looked around and had a peck only a foot away, finally it flew into my Hawthorne hedge where it will be safe. Once I went out into my garden to tend to the birdbath, a Starling youngster was there then, it flew up onto the edge of the birdbath looking at me only inches away. I had the water to add which I had with me, the Starling youngster waited inches away from me to put the water in so it could have a drink, I did so and it had a drink, then it just stood looking at me, I said in the end - "I'm not your guardian and keeper you know" and with that it flew into the shrubs. It's great, I love them. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
20th June 2022

6 cars thoroughly cleaned today, and it is warm in my town for a change, the cars all had air conditioning, so I keep myself cooool... 😎 It's light exercise and I know my muscles like it after training on my beloved Multigym. 💪👍

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 · (Edited)
I have used lighter weight and more repetitions due to my age, but I'm not going to do that all the time now, my plan going forward is to go back to maximum weight and the usual 3 sets and 10 repetitions at times. That will be the weight in bold (green) as detailed in my training progressed posts. I just feel I want to go for it just like my mate @Alex12340 and I am going too!! 💪💯

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 ·
New Protein Powder I have bought.

You young bodybuilders have never had it so good, I can remember when there was only Casilan protein powder, now there is a huge selection of protein powders. Just bought a new one, or I have never seen it before. It is a Vegan All in One... Yes, no joking either, read on:-

Protein Superfood

It's a complete protein (contains all nine essential amino acids)
It contains seven nutritious greens
It contains nine fruits and vegetables

Protein

Organic Pea
Organic Brown Rice
Organic Pumpkin Seed
Organic Sunflower Seed

Nutritious Greens

Wheat Grass
Barley Grass
Alfalfa
Spirulina (complete Protein)
Chlorella
Broccoli
Spinach

Fruits and Vegetables

Beet
Carrot
Sweet Potato
Goji
Acal
Banana
Pineapple
Raspberry
Rose Hip

20g of complete Protein per serving. Whole food nutrition powder. Vanilla flavour. I'll give it a go, Hemp Protein was my last one. I was going to buy Supergreens (written a post within my Journal), but this has greens in it as well as the Protein. To be honest though, I bought it because I train and everyone who trains buys a Protein powder, but I am using one less now, if you eat well you don't need one!

Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
22nd June 2022

Avatar picture added using a family member's phone. My tablet would not complete the task due to not enough memory. So no Avatar photo because of that. The photo is a picture from when I was an Over 35's competitor in an area Bodybuilding Competition. It was years ago but I look similar now anyway. Non members will be able to view. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
Healthy Mushrooms.

Nearly 70% of the mushrooms we buy from supermarkets are white button, but there are others and I will list them. The mushroom's meaty texture and mineral payload make any variety a star ingredient. Add magic to your meal with the UK's best mushrooms.

Cremini Mushrooms

This humble mushroom is all you need to combat heart disease. Filled with the antioxidant Ergothioneine, a serving will help to protect your body from harmful oxidative stress.

Oyster Mushrooms

A mild tasting option that boasts more iron than most other varieties, this mushroom will improve blood supply to your muscles to boost your gym performance.

Shiitake Mushrooms

The Shiitake's tender cap has a woody taste that complements Asian flavours. With more than double the satiating fibre content of white buttons, consider this a tastier weight loss supplement.

Maitake Mushrooms

Save this one for the morning after the night before. Fry up a handful and serve with a slice of buttery toast, and their naturally high levels of the antioxidant glutathione will soothe and reboot your liver.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #673 ·
Food Snippets.

Cauliflower - At 92% water, this trending vegetable is low in calories but high in Vitamins. A rich source of fibre, it also slows your digestion and promotes feelings of fullness.

Strawberry - Strawberries boast high levels of heart healthy antioxidants, such as ellagic acid and flavonoids anthocyanin, catechin, quercetin and kaempferol. Plus, they help to lower your cholesterol levels.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #674 ·
23rd June 2022

Car Rental Station again, 7 cars checked, cleaned inside and out, it's good exercise as it has taken hours. Hot today, us northerners aren't used to it, luckily all the cars have air conditioning and I kept myself cooool... 😎 Must be hotter south, I suggest you good southerners read Post 540 on Page 27 and Post 541 on Page 28 of my Journal - Sun's EV Effect and Sun protection. 😎💯

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #675 ·
Should train on my Multigym tonight, but with days of either working at the car rental station or gardening my muscles aren't fully healed up from the last training session. They will get used to all the extra work I'm sure. Training on my Multigym tomorrow as a free day. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
23th June 2022

At the car rental station it was over 30°c today 🌞 (I was a lot cooler with the air conditioning on in the cars set at 17°c) but now it is heavy rain and down to 16°c.... Northern weather for you.... 😏 What's it doing @Alex12340 where you live now mate?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
23th June 2022

At the car rental station it was over 30°c today 🌞 (I was a lot cooler with the air conditioning on in the cars set at 17°c) but now it is heavy rain and down to 16°c.... Northern weather for you.... 😏 What's it doing @Alex12340 where you live now mate?
23° today roughly mate but absolutely humid. It is horrible :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #679 ·
Post Gym Pancakes.

These post gym sweet potato pancakes serve up all the slow release carbohydrates you need to replenish your energy and return to full strength, fast.

Sweet Potato and Banana Pancakes

Three a day, after your workout, is a recipe for optimal muscle recovery.

Ingredients (makes six)

Sweet potato - 150g or one medium
Banana - 1
Egg - large
Protein powder - 25g
Ground cinnamon - 5g
Greek style yogurt - 1 tablespoon
Mixed berries - handful

Method

Step one - Microwave your sweet potato for eight minutes, turning it halfway through. Scoop out the potato once it has cooled and mash with the banana. Now crack in your egg, a scoop of protein and some cinnamon, and mix together.

Step two - Dollop three heaped tablespoons of the mixture per pancake into your pan on a medium heat. Spread and flatten each one with a spatula, then cook for around five minutes on both sides until golden brown.

Step three - The pancakes freeze well, so you can either prepare batches or make them again midweek. To consume, spread on a thin layer of Greek style yogurt and scatter a hand full of berries.

Protein = 16g, Carbohydrates = 31g, fat = 2.5g and 204kcal.

Benefits

Banana - As well as simple carbohydrates, your fruit contains electrolytes that help to rehydrate your body and lower the stress hormone cortisol, which spikes during your workout.

Sweet Potato - Mashing in the starchy carbohydrates of the sweet potato with the fructose from the banana increases the rate of glycogen replenishment, compared to when you have the sweet potato on its own.

Cinnamon - MHCP, a compound found in cinnamon, mimics insulin and activates receptors that allow your muscles to store the carbohydrates in your pancakes more effectively. Just a sprinkle can help fight body fat.

Egg - Not just there to bind your pancakes, the egg is a complete protein source, while its B vitamins support digestion. Its vitamin D will also aid muscle repair, for quicker recovery in a bite.

You could increase all the ingredients to make them how you like.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 · (Edited)
24th June 2022

My mate @Alex12340 has been to his gym and moved some very heavy weight.. 💪😰

90kg on Bench Press
73kg on Pec Flies

For bit of fun for a while I have been trying to match him... And it's 3 - 0 to him. 😢Thrown the gauntlet down and decided to go for it... And it's 4 - 0 to him now. 😥

Tried Pec Flies and I did 50kg/110lbs for 2 slow repetitions. 😓
Tried Bench Press and I did 90kg/200lbs for 1 very slow repetition. My Multigym cables stretched and I thought is the weight going to lift, it did in the end - very slowly.. 😂

Think it is time for me to give up mate, I know when I am beaten... 😢😉 My efforts above will not be detailed on my training progressed posts as not enough repetitions.

Well done Alex! 💪💯 It's been fun doing it, but I don't want any injuries so the gauntlet is packed away mate!

661 - 680 of 684 Posts