UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
641 - 660 of 684 Posts

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 · (Edited)
Healthy Fish and Chips.

Skip the chippy and make this energy boosting version of the classic British dish at home.

Serves 2 (half everything for 1 serving)

Ingredients

2 large cod fillets
4 slices of wholemeal bread with crusts removed
2 eggs, lightly whisked
4 sweet potatoes, cut into 2 - 3cm strips
100g of fresh peas
2 knobs of butter
1 lemon

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200°c.
2. Place the bread in a food processor and blend until it forms crumbs.
3. Dip the cod fillets into the whisked egg, then cover with breadcrumbs.
4. Place the bread crumbed cod fillets on a sheet of greaseproof paper on a tray and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
5. Coat the sweet potato strips in Olive Oil, place on a tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
6. Heat the butter in a pan, add the peas and cook for 10 minutes. Add a squeeze of lemon and mash until appropriately mushy.

Benefits

Cod - is a lean source of muscle building protein.
Sweet Potato - offers slow release carbohydrates for a sustained energy boost.
Peas - are rich in bone strengthening Vitamin K.

Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #642 ·
If you have started reading my Journal from this page, please start at page one, as I have added investigated information from multiple sources that may help you with your bodybuilding and fitness goals. Thanks for reading it, Brian.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Micowave Muscle Meal (from a health source).

Bangers and Mash. After a big training session you need an equally huge feed. With carbohydrates a plenty, this bulked up bangers and mash will build strength and power you through hours.

Time to make = 12 minutes.

You will need...

MuscleFood extra lean pork sausages - 2 (Me - I'd make it 3 or 4👍)
Potatoes - 2 medium
Butter - 15g
Semi skimmed milk - 50ml
Salt and Pepper - pinch

0 - 8 minutes - Prepare your potatoes. Don't fear white carbohydrates - they will help to replenish your glycogen stores. Slice your potatoes into small chunks before placing them in a microwave dish half filled with water, the cover with cling film. Cook for eight minutes until tender.

8 - 12 minutes - Now cook your sausages. Prick them with a sharp knife and place on a dish along with two tablespoons of water. Cover with cling film (pricked with holes to allow steam out) and cook on full power for four minutes, turning your sausages regularly.

10 - 12 minutes - While you wait, create your mash. Add the butter, milk, salt and pepper to your potatoes and mash until you produce your desired consistency. Pile it onto a plate and top with your hot bangers.

You could pour over Onion Gravy too - Post 620 on Page 31 of my Journal.

Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
15th June 2022.

Trained this evening on my full body routine as below:-

Seated rows 3×15 - 120lbs (155lbs × 8 Reps)
Chest press 3×15 - 120lbs (176lbs × 5 Reps)
Lat pull down 3×15 - 110lbs (144lbs × 5 Rep)
Pec deck 3×12 - 80lbs
Upright rows 3×12 - 80lbs
Back press 3×12 - 80lbs
Shoulder rises 3×12 - 20lbs (one shoulder)
Bicep curls 3×12 - 55lbs
Tricep pull down 3×12 - 55lbs
Leg extension 3×12 - 120lbs
Leg biceps 3×12 - 90lbs
Standing calves 3×20 - 90lbs (144lbs × 11 Reps)
Dead lift 3×15 - 165lbs (200lbs × 8 Reps)
Kick backs 3×15 - 10lbs (One leg)

Trained on my Multigym. Went well, a good session after a day or so extra rest. Weights in bold (black) are increases since start of my Journal. I use lighter weight and perform more repetitions, more repetitions than is stated above. I managed the weight in bold (green) performing less repetitions. With work around my house, at a car rental station and extra cardio, I am currently having to slip a day on my Full Body Routine. Yogurt before training and M&S "Count on Us" Chicken and Vegetable Chow Mein after. 😍 Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
Body Dysmorphia - Boost Body Confidence!

A bodybuilder stands in front of a mirror. He stands tall and strong, displaying the results of his efforts in a nearby gym. But this bodybuilder can't see any results, only his flaws. One in ten men who train in UK gyms now suffers from body dysmorphia, and far more have low self esteem associated with their physical appearance. It is a growing problem, but psychologists have found a surprising solution. In a recent study, subjects were asked to complete a survey about their own appearance. They were then exposed to a series of images: half saw pictures of the natural world, while the other half viewed urban scenes. Then they repeated the survey. Members of the nature group were more satisfied with their body the second time around, while the city group showed no uplift.

The researchers concluded that images of nature can be a salve for this modern malaise, brought on in part by the pressures of social media and the culture of training purely for aesthetics. So, rewatch an old episode of Plant Earth and feel your self esteem take a big step up. Restricting time on social media or having a break off it will help immensely.

Also, as I have posted previously, get out and enjoy nature, you will feel a lot better.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
I always watch David Attenborough when I feel down and tell myself I'm bigger than him to feel better
If that is what works for you mate, carry on..!! Wouldn't have thought you'd have BD and watching David Attenborough, you are bigger and stronger than the majority of his animals..... 👍💪😋

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
I think my next training session I'm going to see if I can increase the weight in bold (green) on bench press for a start, it's time to take on my young mate @Alex12340 again, can't let him think he's in the clear.... Time to throw down the gauntlet once and for all... 💪💯😰 I know he's not been well, but I'm not taking advantage of the fact, he's back to his former self.... 😬 I hope he reads this post - game ON!!!!!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I think my next training session I'm going to see if I can increase the weight in bold (green) on bench press for a start, it's time to take on my young mate @Alex12340 again, can't let him think he's in the clear.... Time to throw down the gauntlet once and for all... 💪💯😰 I know he's not been well, but I'm not taking advantage of the fact, he's back to his former self.... 😬 I hope he reads this post - game ON!!!!!
You’ve still got a little head start mate until im back on my proper training, make the most of it ;)

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #650 · (Edited)
Bodybuilding Snippets.

Cut Calories - To cut calories effortlessly from your next meal, simply change the colour of your plate. Pick a plate with a colour that contrasts with your meal. It aids mindful eating, cutting 150kcal off your intake.

Swearing - A gym habit is scientifically proven to supercharge your strength. Mouthing off will help you beat your old PB. Scientists swear by it - bodybuilders who were vocal during tests saw a 4.6% boost to power and 8.2% increase in strength.

There is going to be more snippets, so keep popping back to my Journal. Thanks for reading it.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #652 ·
Bodybuilding Snippets.

60 Seconds - Going all out in the gym for 60 seconds will earn you the same aerobic results as a low intensity 45 minute workout. You will have to push it though. Hop on the air bike and work at maximum effort for 1 minute and you can enjoy a boost in aerobic capacity, blood sugar control and fat loss similar to that achieved by a 45 minute power walk.

Clench your Jaw - Clenching your jaw will earn you a bigger deadlift PB. Clenching your jaw while gripping the bar can lift your muscle strength, a Spanish study found. Bodybuilders who did so produced 12% more force than the control group. Chew your way through your sets!

6 Minutes - Just 6 minutes of reading to shut down stress. A university discovered that reading can reduce stress by 68%, making it more effective than listening to music or going for a walk. Scrolling through emails or social media does NOT count!

There is going to be more snippets, so keep popping back to my Journal. Thanks for reading it.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 · (Edited)
Busy day at the car rental station, I'll be there hours. I'll have at least 16 cars to clean and running around the compound. Good cardio - no joke!

Edited - was at the car rental station 8 hours and never stopped. A good workout... 💪💯

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 ·
Mental health and enjoying nature.

From previous posts within my Journal, getting out and enjoying nature, just passed my other nest box, the popular one, and I heard the tiny calls of the sparrow chicks - it is great to hear them, puts a smile on your face for sure. Stress busters they are!

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
Bodybuilding Snippets.

10pm - Go to bed at 10pm and you will build more muscle in your sleep. Turning in early has benefits. Setting a 10pm bedtime will score you a substantial hit of human growth hormone (HGH), which supports muscle growth and fat loss. A Clinical Investigation study found that HGH floods your body at 11pm, a process that is disrupted if you are not in bed.

Macro Counting - Macro counting is the only way to lose weight? Quit crunching numbers. Instead, count on a recent US study that found simply delaying breakfast until 10am and eating dinner by 6pm can cut your daily calorie intake by 20%. Over 12 weeks, subjects lost 2kg on average, without ditching their favourite foods.

Your Imagination - Using your imagination can halve your time in a gym - without sacrificing results. Have a long hard think about your training. Scientists found that visualising your workouts can make you stronger. Studies even suggest you can replace real sessions with imaginary ones by mentally rehearsing your repetitions and focusing on each muscle. After spending four out of eight weeks ditching their sessions for "fantasy" ones, subjects earned a 4% strength boost - only 1% less than the control group. (Me - that is what was stated... 😕)

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
Bodybuilding Snippet.

Bar Dips - This exercise will tighten your shirt sleeves the fastest. To speed up your progress to arms that rival Arnie's, target your triceps. They comprise 2/3 (two-thirds) of your upper arms - more than your biceps. Plus, intense post workout stretching (holding a heavy weight behind your head for 60 seconds, say) will lengthen your muscle fascia, which can expand your arm mass by as much as 318% in 28 days.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
Bodybuilding Snippets.

Music = Power boost - Psychologists at a university found that fast-paced music can enhance your output by an impressive 15%. Great for the gym static bike. Not only does it distract from physical discomfort, its affirmative lyrics will boost motivation.

Reduce The Weight - Reduce the weight to reap more muscle from your repetitions. Counterintuitive though it may sound, lightening the load will pack on muscle. In a study, those who performed their usual sets to failure, followed by one set with a lower weight, lifted their strength by 17.5% more than those who did all their sets at the same weight.

There is going to be a couple more snippets, so keep popping back to my Journal. Thanks for reading it.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 · (Edited)
Bodybuilding Snippets.

Shorter Sessions - Shorter training sessions don't mean slower results. Split your cardio sessions. A sports journal revealed that splitting your 60 minute workout into two smaller sessions and you will burn double the calories. This is a result of excess post exercise consumption or "afterburn", in which your body continues to use oxygen after your training session for recovery. Mix up your routine, for instance - 30 minute cycle to work followed by a lunchtime run or skipping session will burn 370kcal and 500kcal respectively. It's a gain of two halves... (Me - already posted about this in my Journal.)

Consume Protein first - To curb your appetite, consume the Protein element of your meal first. This sends the signal to your brain that you are full sooner, so you will not overindulge. (Me - already posted about this in my Journal and other benefits include keeping blood sugar and insulin levels from rising to high.)

That is it on the snippets presently, thanks for reading them.

641 - 660 of 684 Posts