UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
621 - 640 of 684 Posts

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 · (Edited)
Can you consume to much Protein?

As the macro of the moment and so-called building block of muscle, Protein is fetishised as much by supermarkets as it is by gym Bros. While consuming chicken and steak has long won you kudos, now you cannot move in supermarkets without being sold protein ice creams, yogurts, puddings, cereals and even crisps. Sadly, it is possible to have too much of a good thing.

According to Reference Nutrient intake, you need 0.75g of protein for each kilogram of your bodyweight, so an 80kg man requires around 60g of protein a day. But the greater the physical stress placed on your body, the higher its demands for extra protein. For a man of the same weight who trains hard, the International Society of Sports Nutrition recommends 112g per day. Exceed this however, and the benefits are soon negated. One study found those who consumed more than 1.62g of protein per kilogram of bodyweight built no more muscle than more moderate diners.

Shakes, steaks and fortified ice creams all have their time and place, but if you are consuming three well balanced meals a day, you are unlikely to fall short. It might even end up where you do not want it. "Your body struggles to digest excess protein and it may simply wind up being stored as fat" says a Harley Street Nutritionist. So do not overdo it!

This information was from very good sources and I am sure you all will be aware of what has been discussed. I cut down my intake of protein a while ago, and I was not at 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight some days either, with no detriment to my bodybuilding.

Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
If you have started reading my Journal from this page, please start at page one, as I have added investigated information that may help you with your bodybuilding and fitness goals. Thanks for reading it.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
5th June 2022.

Trained this early evening on my full body routine as below:-

Seated rows 3×15 - 120lbs (155lbs × 8 Reps)
Chest press 3×15 - 120lbs (176lbs × 5 Reps)
Lat pull down 3×15 - 110lbs (144lbs × 5 Rep)
Pec deck 3×12 - 80lbs
Upright rows 3×12 - 80lbs
Back press 3×12 - 80lbs
Shoulder rises 3×12 - 20lbs (one shoulder)
Bicep curls 3×12 - 55lbs
Tricep pull down 3×12 - 55lbs
Leg extension 3×12 - 120lbs
Leg biceps 3×12 - 90lbs
Standing calves 3×20 - 90lbs (144lbs × 11 Reps)
Dead lift 3×15 - 165lbs (200lbs × 8 Reps)
Kick backs 3×15 - 10lbs (One leg)

Trained on my Multigym. Went well, trying Ashwagandha at 1500mg on training days. Weights in bold (black) are increases since start of my Journal. I use lighter weight and perform more repetitions, more repetitions than is stated above currently. I managed the weight in bold (green) performing less repetitions. With work around my house and extra cardio, I am currently having to slip a day on my Full Body Routine. Some cardio today too. Collagen and Hemp protein after training. Turkey meal later. Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #624 ·
In addition to Post 621 above:-

Protein for an active bodybuilder weighing 70kg = 98g per day.
Protein for an active bodybuilder weighing 80kg = 112g per day.
Protein for an active bodybuilder weighing 90kg = 126g per day.

It's coincidence, but I weigh just over 70kg and 98g of protein a day is roughly what I reduced it to, as mentioned in Post 621. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
Bodybuilding snippets...

Stress Buster - The tryptophan, vitamin B5 and magnesium in your chicken will help lower your levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol can reduced your testosterone levels too.

Calorie Kick - Garlic is thermogenic, which means your body produces heat and energy when it is consumed, burning through calories in the process. Gives your metabolism a helpful boost.

Hunger Control - When you are overweight, your body can become resistant to Leptin, the hormone that signals your brain to stop eating. Tomatoes and other vegetables contain antiinflammatory carotenoids, which can help to reverse this process.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
Meal Super Side - Mango Salad.

To complement a curry, call on a mango salad. Bursting with fibre, it will improve digestion and keep you full for hours.

1. Prepare your fruit by chopping up 100g of mango into small cubes and halving three cherry tomatoes.

2. Place the fruit into a bowl with a handful of spinach before drizzling over one teaspoon of olive oil. Toss and serve.

3. A mouthwatering mango salad - an easy express salad containing under 150 calories.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Meal Super Side - Mango Salad.

To complement a curry, call on a mango salad. Bursting with fibre, it will improve digestion and keep you full for hours.

1. Prepare your fruit by chopping up 100g of mango into small cubes and halving three cherry tomatoes.

2. Place the fruit into a bowl with a handful of spinach before drizzling over one teaspoon of olive oil. Toss and serve.

3. A mouthwatering mango salad - an easy express salad containing under 150 calories.

Cheers.
Ooo yum yum, got to try this one, love mango, but never really combined it with other things. Good stuff!

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
I'm out and about the next few days, so there will be walks and jogs for sure, probably in some very nice spots too. Got the use of a rather nice Seat Leon FR (150bhp), it would be a shame not to get some use out of it... 😎💯

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
9th June 2022

Washing rental cars again, that's some exercise, they just line them up. Take some cleaning, don't know what people do with them. Training later. Then out in the Seat Leon FR going south to pick a family member up. Hey @Alex12340 if you live in the Birmingham area, I'll have time for a coffee (or Protein shake) and a chat...😋👍😉

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
9th June 2022

Washing rental cars again, that's some exercise, they just line them up. Take some cleaning, don't know what people do with them. Training later. Then out in the Seat Leon FR going south to pick a family member up. Hey @Alex12340 if you live in the Birmingham area, I'll have time for a coffee (or Protein shake) and a chat...😋👍😉
Haha unfortunately not mate. All the way down in London you’d have to be driving a lot further :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #636 ·
9th June 2022.

Trained this afternoon on my full body routine as below:-

Seated rows 3×15 - 120lbs (155lbs × 8 Reps)
Chest press 3×15 - 120lbs (176lbs × 5 Reps)
Lat pull down 3×15 - 110lbs (144lbs × 5 Rep)
Pec deck 3×12 - 80lbs
Upright rows 3×12 - 80lbs
Back press 3×12 - 80lbs
Shoulder rises 3×12 - 20lbs (one shoulder)
Bicep curls 3×12 - 55lbs
Tricep pull down 3×12 - 55lbs
Leg extension 3×12 - 120lbs
Leg biceps 3×12 - 90lbs
Standing calves 3×20 - 90lbs (144lbs × 11 Reps)
Dead lift 3×15 - 165lbs (200lbs × 8 Reps)
Kick backs 3×15 - 10lbs (One leg)

Trained on my Multigym. Went well, right hamstring is slightly sore, but OK. Weights in bold (black) are increases since start of my Journal. I use lighter weight and perform more repetitions, more repetitions than is stated above. I managed the weight in bold (green) performing less repetitions. With work around my house and extra cardio, I am currently having to slip a day on my Full Body Routine. M&S "Eat Well" Smoky chipotle chicken with sweet potatoes, brown rice, black beans and chickpeas after. 😍 Thanks for reading my Journal.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #638 ·
13th June 2022

Had a few days off the forum, not planned, but I'm back now, couldn't stop driving the Seat Leon FR - up Scotland the last two days walking, plenty in too.

Washing and cleaning rental cars today for hours, good exercise, as they take some cleaning inside and out!

Training later too. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #639 · (Edited)
14th June 2022

Up early and cleaning rental cars again, not many though this time. Ended up cruising around my town in a Mercedes Benz E class with the air conditioning on full 😎, warm day today.

Could have trained last night, but too tired, it will have been the long days and all the driving I did in the Seat Leon FR - 2,000 miles.

Training tomorrow now, thinking about it I have not missed a training session in 4 years! 💪💯 Including not a missed training session on my Multigym either and I have had that since the first lockdown more than 2 years ago. Should have trained Monday 13th June, but hamstrings have been sore or not fully healed up of late for some reason, so won't harm to have a rest especially with everything else of late - walking and car cleaning too.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
Warm weather is finally up north, must get down the big Sports Direct store in town for some new sportswear. Got some good Adidas and New Balance gear but need a vest. Going to do a @Alex12340 and get my muscular back, shoulders and arms 'out' 💪💯😋 If it's good enough for my benchmark, it's good enough for me! 👌

621 - 640 of 684 Posts