UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,194 Posts
I'm starting to stall on my deadlift and was wondering if diong box deadlift for the next 2/3 weeks and then going back to normal deadlift would help?

Would diong this make a diffrence , and give me more power on the bottom of the lift ?

also what rep ranges should I use for box deadlift (I go for strength btw) low reps or higher Reps then what I noramly do and lower weight or what ?

Thanks inadvance.

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
corbuk said:
I'm starting to stall on my deadlift and was wondering if diong box deadlift for the next 2/3 weeks and then going back to normal deadlift would help?

Would diong this make a diffrence , and give me more power on the bottom of the lift ?

also what rep ranges should I use for box deadlift (I go for strength btw) low reps or higher Reps then what I noramly do and lower weight or what ?

Thanks inadvance.
6 singles at 80% of your 1rm

It will help if the issue on your deads can be fixed by box deadlifts.

How much are you pulling, and where are you failing? Floor, mid or lockout?

·
Banned
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deadlift - 140kg 1 rep max (got 145kg 1 rep last week)

box deadlift - 100kg 8 reps

Box deadlift - 120kg 3 reps

I stall on the lift on the ground , I find that the hardest part.

Hope that help , thanks th&s

·
Natural0
10,018 Posts
corbuk said:
Deadlift - 140kg 1 rep max (got 145kg 1 rep last week)

box deadlift - 100kg 8 reps

Box deadlift - 120kg 3 reps

I stall on the lift on the ground , I find that the hardest part.

Hope that help , thanks th&s
Numbers are pretty close. So you just struggle to get it off the floor?

How much do you Squat?

Box DL will help, but I would go for 6 singles and pull them fast.

·
Banned
1,194 Posts
squat 100kg 3Reps

squat 105/110kg 1 rep

What would you say I struggle on , I always thought it was the bottom part of the movement ....but my box deadlift says other wise wich is strange

Also.....

Those box deadlift were done after all this ....

Working up to 3 rep max on deadlift

1 rep max at 140kg

squat working up to 1 rep max ...done 100kg 1 rep and then 110kg max (just above parr)

box deadlift 100kg 8 reps

box deadlift 120kg 3 reps

Does seem strange that my box is nearly the same as normal.

·
Retired
6,805 Posts
corbuk said:
squat 100kg 3Reps

squat 105/110kg 1 rep

What would you say I struggle on , I always thought it was the bottom part of the movement ....but my box deadlift says other wise wich is strange
Where do you actually fail tho dude?

Like you've said you hit a 145kg 1RM. If you put 147.5kg, or 150kg on the bar, whereabouts in the lift would you actually fail? Can you get the bar off of the floor? Are you using chalk... is it a grip thing?

·
Banned
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not a grip thing , I think it the power getting it of the floor....I'm sure it is ,but my box. Deadlift says diffrent ino.I will deadlift on we'd with 2kg extra and see were I fail at.

Also I don't wear belt/chalk/straps...maybe I should try a belt ?

·
Retired
6,805 Posts
You could try a belt, but don't use it for every set... only use it when you need to (i.e. > 80% or so of your 1rm IMO).

See what happens when you actually fail the lift.... but you need to only JUST fail it (i.e. very slightly over your 1rm). I'm sure you know this, but there's no sense putting an extra 40kg on the bar and assuming that it's off the floor that's the problem when you can't budge it :)

·
Retired
6,805 Posts
corbuk said:
Would diong rack deadlift + box deadlifts for 2 weeks fix the problem?....diong both should fix it if it top part or bottom ...I would improve on both ?
Dude, find the weakness first. I think you are just assuming your problem is off the floor because you struggle with it. But let's face it, it is a hard part of the lift actually getting the weight moving. Find out what the problem actually is before you try to fix it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.