UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gym Addict
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i go away in 7 days for a nice relaxing 2 week holiday in Spain.

Now, i need to order some books to take away, you may link me to threads, links to amazon etc.

I just need to know what the best books are about. When i say this i mean, best reading, easy to read and don't bore you, and the ones i'll learn lots from :p

I am ordering so far..

Solitary Fitness - Charles Bronson, as i have wanted this for a while now and held back until now.

High-Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way - as i heard this was decent from a friend of mine.

What else? Starting Strength? Strength Training Anatomy?

Just name em please and maybe say why?

Cheers guys / girls!

·
Banned
716 Posts
well if your going on holiday and having time off the gym, wouldnt it be so much better reading a good old story book lol, and just forgetting about the gym completly while your away?

any book by dan brown gets a big tick from me :)

G

·
well if your going on holiday and having time off the gym, wouldnt it be so much better reading a good old story book lol, and just forgetting about the gym completly while your away?
could not agree more- only one interest in life ????

·
Gym Addict
142 Posts
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Build-Muscle-Lose-Look-Great/dp/9963916309

I bought this and it's a fairly good read however it's less of a book like bronson's which has a story behind it etc more of a resource..

however may be of use if you havn't already got it..

But as others have said, I would buy an easy ready book to chill with at some point on your holiday... It is a good time to put together an improved diet and training programme however so :thumbup1:

·
Gym Addict
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes guys, i see where you are coming from. But then again, when i am away from home, it's the only time i will read. As i don't have the internet, don't use my phone out there etc. I'll be relaxing by the pool with a book and a cider maybe :p .

Anyhow, yeah my father has a few Dan Brown books he is taking, i'll have a read of one of those maybe too. Just wanted to get some extra knowledge into this thick 16 yr old brain of mine ha-ha.

Thank you for your replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.