UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"If size mattered, the elephant would be king of t
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently lowered my hours at work so I can focus on other things for the time being, mainly body-building, BJJ, MMA and learning instruments!

Anyway I have money but I was just wondering what are the best value for money foods out that if you were to divide there cost with how many meals you get out of it... For example cottage cheese and egg whites are great value for money...I get 5 meals out of a 1kg of egg whites, and 3 meals out of a tub of cottage cheese and the cheese adds flavour to the egg whites so I don't have to douse it in sauce!

So yeah I'm just looking for the best body-building staple foods that have the best value.

I'l be using muscle foods to buy by some of my food if any of you know any specific foods on there that is good value for money, the talapia has caught my eye on there.

Cheers!

·
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aad123 said:
I have found Iceland very good on a budget. Frozen chicken fillets, lean mince and white fish are very cheep and 12 eggs for £1.
Just checked icelands chicken, 4 quid for 1kg is the cheapest i've seen ! they taste decent?

·
Mr Olympia
12,049 Posts
JuggernautJake said:
I've recently lowered my hours at work so I can focus on other things for the time being, mainly body-building, BJJ, MMA and learning instruments!

Anyway I have money but I was just wondering what are the best value for money foods out that if you were to divide there cost with how many meals you get out of it... For example cottage cheese and egg whites are great value for money...I get 5 meals out of a 1kg of egg whites, and 3 meals out of a tub of cottage cheese and the cheese adds flavour to the egg whites so I don't have to douse it in sauce!

So yeah I'm just looking for the best body-building staple foods that have the best value.

I'l be using muscle foods to buy by some of my food if any of you know any specific foods on there that is good value for money, the talapia has caught my eye on there.

Cheers!
So you lowered your hours and you have money. How is that BB on a budget?

·
1,305 Posts
dann19900 said:
whey protein is cheaper than any food
I've cut whey out completely whilst I'm on a cut, nothing wrong with whey protein, like you said its cheaper than food, but i'd rather have thoose allocated calories spent on food rather than a shake as I struggle to stay under my maintence level as it is and the shakes don't fill me up as good as food.

·
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andyhuggins said:
So you lowered your hours and you have money. How is that BB on a budget?
I'm not rich or anything. I just mean I don't have 0 money lol, Il do enough hours to get by doing what I want to do, paying for mma class, gym membership etc

·
Getting HUGE!
1,614 Posts
Chicken from lidl is great value for money, or bookers chi ken £20 for 5kg, also just buy value eggs from somewhere. Rice and salad broccoli or pineapple is my favourite, also bags of salmon or tins of mackerel.

Just go bargain hunting write a list of the foods you need for the week and don't buy anything else on the list. BB on a budget easy to be honest I do it. Work part time just now and have a small family.

·
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ripping it up said:
Chicken from lidl is great value for money, or bookers chi ken £20 for 5kg, also just buy value eggs from somewhere. Rice and salad broccoli or pineapple is my favourite, also bags of salmon or tins of mackerel.

Just go bargain hunting write a list of the foods you need for the week and don't buy anything else on the list. BB on a budget easy to be honest I do it. Work part time just now and have a small family.
Yeah, well i've been doing fine on a budget now, Just seeing if I can save even more money or if I'm forgetting about cheap protein foods etc...tins of mackerel is a good call, cheers!

·
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Echo said:
Here's a budget diet I created originally for myself as a Uni Student - comes to £25 a week (£30 if you include the Whey and Casein)

View attachment 151687

Links to all the foods here: (For some reason FileDropper deleted the file, will upload as soon as possible)
Thanks alot mate thats great!

·
Gym Addict
351 Posts
If the time comes when you cannot afford a gym membership.... simply lift buckets of water, like Bertil fox used to do when he was banged up inside to keep himself in shape. Think of it as a homage to someone with a killer physique.

·
Gym Addict
470 Posts
aad123 said:
I never had any problems, they do taste slightly different to fresh but nothing major.
Only problem is frozen chicken breast with added water is not the same as a fresh one (as they add salt and water then freeze it so u actually pay for ice). Probably, when that taken under consideration, fresh breasts bought in bulk would be cheaper.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.