UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
9,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its fair to say that people who are seriously in to bodybuilding usually have hangups about their body, but why? Im not an insecure person at all and when i started out i bulked and then did my 1st cut i was only 154lbs lean but thought i was the dogs fcuking bolloks lol

These days im 200lbs + lean and more like 220 when bulked up but i have more hangups than when i started :confused1:

Here´s an example, Im on holiday right now 4 days in i have held condition well considering i was on Keto before coming out and been eating and drinking crap all day for 4 days. I still look great compared to the next guy but i know that i have put on about 4lbs of water, not even visible really but i know as my obliques were better last week. Because of this im pi55ed off when walking down the beach as i know im not at my best.. and even though no one would notice a difference from fridays condition i feel like a let down ha!

Do we think to deeply? Its a vain statement but its fair to say i have had the best physique on the beach when i have been there but it was troubling me that i could of been slightly better :cursing:

Whats your views?

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
Dunno, where I train you have guys that are freaking monsters, yet all they see are flaws in their physiques. If you have a negative view of you from the start all the lifting n clean eating or chemical assisitance aint gonna make a bit of difference.

·
I... See... Dead... Celebrities
147 Posts
What I do is just look at other guys around you (as in when your out and about), generally they are in sh1te shape - I rarely see someone who I think is in decent shape so that makes me feel better about myself - not that I think anything of my own physique.

·
Fat is evil !
1,558 Posts
i cant say im 100% happy with my body at the mo and i still see work to be done whereas alot of people would probably say you look very good but i dont see it yet. i know i will get there as time goes on :) . i suppose almost every person into bodybuilding has a part of them that they go hmm work to be done there and that 100% happy with your body thing is probably non existent unless your very lucky. could be wrong but thats what i think anyway :) .

·
Real men eat Pork Scratchings for protein!! 49.5g
646 Posts
I think this can revolve around age too. When your young you worry about how you look and how people perceive you. Something deep set in our make-up to do with looking attractive to attract a mate maybe? As you get older you become comfortable with who you are and don't worry about it too much.

Must be why so many middle age people let themselves go, they just don't care enough.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
if i was happy with my physique then i wouldnt tr and improve so this would get me know were. I have an image in my head i will achieve and until i do i will not be happy.

However i do not let it interfere with me enjoying myself occasionaly be it getting smashed occasionaly or having a nice holiday/weekend away.

·
Looking Freaky
825 Posts
I never compare myself to anyone, because I do this for me and tbh I prefer training to the end result, I just like to train and that's it really.

If I had to rely on other's opinions or felt I needed to compete purely on how I look, I'd be one sad idiot.

·
Premium Member
6,735 Posts
Doesn't always work like that, i've always been the one to buck the trend and at 36 im leaner and fitter than ever, ok still plenty of room for improvement but still it's a start.

Always nice when folk go quiet upon my entering the gym, either that or 'christ it's him again' :lol:

Little Ron said:
I think this can revolve around age too. When your young you worry about how you look and how people perceive you. Something deep set in our make-up to do with looking attractive to attract a mate maybe? As you get older you become comfortable with who you are and don't worry about it too much.

Must be why so many middle age people let themselves go, they just don't care enough.

·
Premium Member
10,941 Posts
Little Ron said:

there are plenty of skinny fat out of shape youngsters now than

ever,britain is the young and obese capital of europe.

Plus alot of mid age who dont work any more,cant afford good

diets and pay gym memberships etc.

G

·
The Raptor said:
Lol you must be in good condition then as i know many who look awesome but still have loads of hangups... I once caught my mate doing press ups in the club toilets ha
i have actaully seen this aswell. any people wonder why bodybuilders get called everything under the sun.

no point in worrying about every little detail, the closest any of us will be to mr olympia will be on the tube at london olympia so its really not worth worrying about. :)

·
Premium Member
16,442 Posts
Everyone wants to be fitter, leaner, bigger, stronger etc but some just get obsessed with it.

I'm in above average condition for your everyday 34 year old male, bad condition compared to most on here, but i feel good about myself and that's all that matters to me.

I train for me, end of.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.