UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys got a quick question.

Just purchased some PhD 2.27kg + Wired 600g for £40 (Normally £97 was on offer) from affordable supplements. Looks like PhD is a top brand, normally I use Body Fortress from Holland and Barrett which is only £22 and I have seen some gains by it but not so much any more, and I have up'd my cal / protien intake.

My question is, will PhD supplement me better in nutrition and gains being its a higher quality supplement.

:confused1:

Thanks in advance

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
Yes. Phd is good quality. Plus the **** you were buying is like twelve quid a kilo total rip off. I use bulkpowders which is cheap but great quality and good customer service, so I'd recomend them. Don't get to caught up in the supplement game. A good whey protein and a blend with solid diet will be the best gains

·
BNBF SOUTHERN LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPION
3,281 Posts
Phd is a a better choice than body fortress which has lots off added gums etc not to mention the taste. Get your diet nailed and then look to add some supplements as you can afford. Some suppliers on this forum give us discounts

·
Premium Member
17,859 Posts
www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk

www.myprotein.co.uk

You should buy a simple whey off either of them (Very good prices) and then you can add things to your shakes to make them suited to your purpose.

Breakfast - Add powdered oats

PWO- Add maltodextrin (And creatine if your going to use it)

Bed - Add peanut butter

Just a few ideas to save you some money and the headache of knowing what to buy and when etc

·
Newbie Trainer
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G-man99 said:
www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk

www.myprotein.co.uk

You should buy a simple whey off either of them (Very good prices) and then you can add things to your shakes to make them suited to your purpose.

Breakfast - Add powdered oats

PWO- Add maltodextrin (And creatine if your going to use it)

Bed - Add peanut butter

Just a few ideas to save you some money and the headache of knowing what to buy and when etc
I will use the phd as I have ready paid for it, once it's finished ill give them basic ones a try and mix them with things like you suggested. Cheers mate

·
UK-Muscle Sponsor
5,629 Posts
Hulkributes said:
Hi guys got a quick question.

Just purchased some PhD 2.27kg + Wired 600g for £40 (Normally £97 was on offer) from affordable supplements. Looks like PhD is a top brand, normally I use Body Fortress from Holland and Barrett which is only £22 and I have seen some gains by it but not so much any more, and I have up'd my cal / protien intake.

My question is, will PhD supplement me better in nutrition and gains being its a higher quality supplement.

:confused1:

Thanks in advance
You're going to get great gains when you just start out, then they slow down.

What's your routine like? Are you squatting and deadlifting?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.