UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gym Addict
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a stupid post and I'll probably get flamed for it but how do I measure my Body Fat?

I'm do to start a training programme on Monday and think it would be an ideal way (along with the tape measure) of measuring my progress.

·
www.bodybuildingdepot.co. uk
9,170 Posts
Why would you get flamed for asking that?

You can get a scale that tells you though put that down toa ball park figure cause it can jump around 2 to 5% in one day and not exact. But if the figure keeps going down you on the right track.

The ideal way which most use it to use calipers. My gym has a set a I get them to check for me. Look online for a pair or ask your local gym if they can provide that service.

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
TaintedSoul said:
Why would you get flamed for asking that?

You can get a scale that tells you though put that down toa ball park figure cause it can jump around 2 to 5% in one day and not exact. But if the figure keeps going down you on the right track.

The ideal way which most use it to use calipers. My gym has a set a I get them to check for me. Look online for a pair or ask your local gym if they can provide that service.
Someone posted the other day that they are £10 off ebay

·
is realising, diet, traing, rest, supplements, 12
578 Posts
Use the mirror mate, if you measured yourself and it said 1% fat but you still looked fat, would you be happy ?

If it said 40% fat and you looked exactly how you wanted would you carry on trying to lose weight ?

I understand its nice to have a measurement but personally and from friends experience calipers and weighing scales for something that is a completely superficial goal is just a hinderence and distraction from your real goal, to look good.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
Ask your gym if they can do it. Using the calipers will give you the best measurement rather then using digital scales. They will use the calipers on 4 different places on your upper body measuring the bf and then using a chart they will workout your bf%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.