UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired
6,805 Posts
BMWs are nice, but what is your budget?

Buying an older BMW if things are tight is just asking for trouble. Running costs will cripple you. Mrs Big has one, and she pays almost as much each year to run the thing than it actually cost in the first place...

·
i need to lose fat and gain muscle
84 Posts
arite m8 excellent car m3 but any high performance car just like the 1 in the pic u ned to be over the age of 25 and a min of 21 and then you pay more insurance then the cost of the car but i may be wrong

·
No Compromise :D
13,398 Posts
I've got an M3 mate, an '05 convertible. and believe me, even when you're older you will struggle to afford the running costs....

I took mine in for a standard service to the local BMW dealership and it was £1000 exactly......although I made other arrangements in the end....

But they cost a fortune...for instance, I needed a spare key so I bought the key at £80, then it was another £80 to get it programmed for my car....

£160 for a fcukin car key.....my insurance is £1200 and that's a 30 something year old with 5 full no claims and drives for a living...

They are nice cars and go like stink, but even I'm thinking of getting rid of it....

For a new M3 probably :D

·
you talking to me
755 Posts
If your getting an e36 then get a 6cyl one. Somthing like a 320 or 323.

The 4 cyl ones are crap. I had a 318 in the past but it wasnt much cheaper to keep than my 328 on nowhere near as smooth.

·
ironworx gym swindon
122 Posts
i had an e46 318 coupe and its wasnt too bad on fuel did about 35mpg, not the quickest tho, the only thing is insurance, 3 series are expensive to insure, especially 3 door ones, i now have a 7 series its alot bigger and more powerful does 18mpg but for some reason is cheaper to insure. Probably because they are popular mainly with old people lol.

An e36 will be cheap to buy just check the history and obviously get an insurance quote asap.

·
www.bodybuildingdepot.co. uk
9,170 Posts
You can get a 323 or 325 fairly cheap these days. 6 cylinders and plenty power there for your age. I think all BMW's sound great if you get the right exhaust to let that sound out.

But insurance again for you age and the engine wont be cheap.

·
Newbie Trainer
13 Posts
Been a bmw tech for 3 years mate and i still like them, even the old e36's, trouble is they are expensive to maintain, but if you look after them and keep them serviced regular they will very rarely let you down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts