UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had/own a E46 M3, i am looking at trading my Impreza STI in for one, some people say get an 03 onwards as they were facelifted, but havnt noiced any difference apart from the LED rear lights, and seen alot of 'individual' models for sale, what extras have them ones got :confused1:

Any problems to look out for?

Want an SMG box version so i can play with the paddle shift :lol:
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
Robsta has a nice e46 cabrio so he will be a good person to ask! Aparantly the service costs can be pretty outrageous though. I know subarus can be pricey to run at the dealers but with an m3 youre looking at 1000 at bmw just for a service

Get an m3 csl though, the ones in grey with the carbon boot and roof etc. really nice cars :thumbup1:

Got any pics of your sti? How much you wanting for that?
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for £13200 for mine, its an 05 blob eye, so it comes with the wider axles and on board diff control, nicer interior ect compared to the 04 blobeye.

I love the subaru, its my 3rd one now, but just after something a bit more luxurios before the mrs wants us to get a 'family car'

I would love the csl, just a bit pricey for me.

Where abouts in cumbria are you from, i get up there a fair bit visiting friends and family
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
Stig said:
I am looking for £13200 for mine, its an 05 blob eye, so it comes with the wider axles and on board diff control, nicer interior ect compared to the 04 blobeye.

I love the subaru, its my 3rd one now, but just after something a bit more luxurios before the mrs wants us to get a 'family car'

I would love the csl, just a bit pricey for me.

Where abouts in cumbria are you from, i get up there a fair bit visiting friends and family
I'm in barrow at the moment mate!

Any other cars youre considering? If youre wanting luxury theres always some big engined mercs out there for surprisingly good money and theyl have all the toys, either an 02+ cl55 amg or a 03 onwards clk 500 or something? those big merc v8s sound the bollocks too. Or if you want something with a younger image maybe a 350z and mod it up a bit? 20's look well on 350z's

Those m3s sound crazy too, really raspy and mettalic sounding. Some people don't like it but i think it sounds mint :thumb:

I've always wanted a bash in an STI with the DCCD, Just how much difference does it make? Lots of sideways action? How much of a split is it, is it like 30 front and 70 rear or something? Sorry for all the questions lol
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
noturbo said:
I'm in barrow at the moment mate!

Any other cars youre considering? If youre wanting luxury theres always some big engined mercs out there for surprisingly good money and theyl have all the toys, either an 02+ cl55 amg or a 03 onwards clk 500 or something? those big merc v8s sound the bollocks too. Or if you want something with a younger image maybe a 350z and mod it up a bit? 20's look well on 350z's

Those m3s sound crazy too, really raspy and mettalic sounding. Some people don't like it but i think it sounds mint :thumb:

I've always wanted a bash in an STI with the DCCD, Just how much difference does it make? Lots of sideways action? How much of a split is it, is it like 30 front and 70 rear or something? Sorry for all the questions lol
Barrow eh, supose someone needs to live there...... best thing about ti is the bypass :tongue:

Bit old for me them Mercs, lovely motors but always had a hankering for an M3.

I know what you mean about the sound, kind of has a ferrari ring to it, i will end up wanting a bit of the rally slag sound after a while and get another scooby again if i get my own way :whistling:

Yeah, i think it is a 70/3o split when you switch it all to the rear, you can have some really good fun then, and still very controlable, even in normal 4 wheel drive it will have some nice slides, and sorts you out well when yu need to. It is by far the most enjoyable car to drive.... apart from my friends cossie powerd mk2 escort :bounce:
 

·
Newbie Trainer
Joined
·
13 Posts
Good cars mate will be expensive to run but owning a scooby you'll be used to that, id steer clear of the smg's though they are really jerky and the and the gearboxes are abit prone for failing, try and get one that has had the alloy wheels refurbed to, very common for the chrome to flake off. And if you test drive any and there abit creaking on the back end over bumps etc, it will most likely need rear coil springs, very common for them to break, piece of **** to change but expensive to buy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,604 Posts
noturbo said:
Yeah and then do this


I just sex wee'd a little :thumb:
bah....mine has a recorded 167mph...and can corner better than that :tongue: :whistling: :laugh:

Stig; altough the CSL is a superb car, you'll miss the grip of the scoob I tell ya! :thumbup1:
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Five-O said:
bah....mine has a recorded 167mph...and can corner better than that :tongue: :whistling: :laugh:

Stig; altough the CSL is a superb car, you'll miss the grip of the scoob I tell ya! :thumbup1:
Oh, i am still in love with the scoob, dont know if i could let her go... just after something to pose in a bit more :rolleyes:

Hows the evo going?
 

·
No Compromise :D
Joined
·
13,398 Posts
Beans said:
If you get one, get a cabrio.

Theres nothing like the speed/sound of the M3, with the top down.
Amen to that.... :D

I love mine, although I have got my eye on an RS4 Cabrio.... :)

M3's are superb motors, however, it's an absolute fortune to keep maintained...As said, BMW tried to charge me £1000 plus VAT for a service on it, which resulted in me getting a ban from Elms BMW and the police called as I went fcukin' mental......

Oh yeah, plus everyopne thinks you're a drug dealer which get's on your t1ts after a while
 

·
No Compromise :D
Joined
·
13,398 Posts
Oh yeah, I've got the SMG and to be honest, you're just as well getting one without it, I never use the paddles as they turn with the wheel, plus sometimes you forget it's in paddle mode and end up pulling away infront of a load of b1tches, giving it the large, and the fcukin' thing just sits at 9000 revs as you forgot to put it in auto mode.....feel a right pr1ck... :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,604 Posts
Stig said:
Oh, i am still in love with the scoob, dont know if i could let her go... just after something to pose in a bit more :rolleyes:

Hows the evo going?
going, going, gone mate, swapping mine with some cash my way, getting a Evo 6 to strip out and build up :thumb:

Will miss my 8 but ah well, Ive had one now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,604 Posts
Robsta said:
Oh yeah, I've got the SMG and to be honest, you're just as well getting one without it, I never use the paddles as they turn with the wheel, plus sometimes you forget it's in paddle mode and end up pulling away infront of a load of b1tches, giving it the large, and the fcukin' thing just sits at 9000 revs as you forgot to put it in auto mode.....feel a right pr1ck... :D
:laugh:
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Robsta said:
Amen to that.... :D

I love mine, although I have got my eye on an RS4 Cabrio.... :)

M3's are superb motors, however, it's an absolute fortune to keep maintained...As said, BMW tried to charge me £1000 plus VAT for a service on it, which resulted in me getting a ban from Elms BMW and the police called as I went fcukin' mental......

Oh yeah, plus everyopne thinks you're a drug dealer which get's on your t1ts after a while
What, you mean, a M3 convertible, tats and a big frame gets people thinking your a drug dealer :whistling:

Better than everytime you pull up at traffic lights and all the little ****s in the corsa merits with a sun strip on revving up wanting a race :confused1:

Robsta said:
Oh yeah, I've got the SMG and to be honest, you're just as well getting one without it, I never use the paddles as they turn with the wheel, plus sometimes you forget it's in paddle mode and end up pulling away infront of a load of b1tches, giving it the large, and the fcukin' thing just sits at 9000 revs as you forgot to put it in auto mode.....feel a right pr1ck... :D
:lol: I was thinking of getting the smg just to have a play with the paddles, just another gadget to play with.... (must spend more time with the mrs)
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Five-O said:
going, going, gone mate, swapping mine with some cash my way, getting a Evo 6 to strip out and build up :thumb:

Will miss my 8 but ah well, Ive had one now.
Power getting a bit to much :rolleyes:

There is a nice 6 round by me pushing out around 550bhp and sounds ferousios (or however you spell it) keeps throwing clutches for fun. Ever thought of a pulsar gtir, can get some serious amount of power out of them, and they are nice and small
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top