UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
37 Posts
Hey guys.

For a 5"9, relatively fit, 160lb, 11% bodyfat guy who trains 3-4 Times a week, would you class this diet as a Bulking, Lean Bulking, Maintainence or Cutting Diet?

08:00 AM - 2/3 Weetabix, 2 Tbps Rolled Oats, 2 Scoop Whey, 400ml Skim Milk, Cup of Tea

10:15 AM - 3 Eggs Scrambled, 50ml Skim Milk, Banana, Apple

12:30 PM - Tin of Tuna, 1/2 Tin Baked Beans, 4 Tbsp Sweetcorn, 2 Slices Seeded Bread

15:00 PM - 2 Scoop Whey, Banana, 4 Tbsp Rolled Oats, 3 Tbsp Fat Free Yogurt

16:30 PM - (Training)

18:00 PM - 2 Scoop Whey, 5g Creatine Monohydrate (Training Days only)

19:00 PM - 150-200g Meat (Chicken, Lean Beef, Tuna etc), Large Portion of Veg, Occasionally Pasta

21:30 PM - 2 Scoops Casein Protein, 400ml Skim Milk, Glutamine, 2 Tbsp 3% Fat Cottage Cheese

Sorry If this has been asked before, just wanted a second opinion, cheers.

:beer:

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
it depends bulking or cutting isnt some much about what you eat but how many cals your consuming. you could diet on mcd's and pizza if you are eating under maintanance or bulk on cod and rice if you are eating enough of it to go over maintanance cals.

you need to work out how many cals you are eatin. if you are gaining weight then id say its a clean bulk as you are eating reasonably well. if you are below maintanance then you are cutting.

·
Newbie Trainer
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Initially I was trying to bulk, but after a visit to the doctors last night I can't do any upper body work for a few weeks at least :( (Shoulder Muscle Tear)

I will still be doing some cardio 3 times a week, and will be training Legs and Abs twice a week (Legs are lagging a bit anyway and have always wanted to drastically improve my squat)

So I guess I'd like to try and ajust the diet so during non-training days its a Maintaince/Cutting Diet but on training days Increase my carbs and protein so I can at least develop some muscle strength.

Any advice guys?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.