UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you guys can help me, I've just started week 4 of my first cycle (8wks @ 500mg sust a week) over the last couple of days my face has become a little flushed and I have been having nosebleeds - i also have a cold at the moment and there is blood everytime i blow my nose.

So im guessing my bp is a bit high!!

I have ordered a monitor to keep a check on it but how can I reduce it?

Also is it still ok to train as hard as usual?

p.s.i'm also taking a low dose of letro - which im not sure sure is legit as i seem to holding water particularly in the chest!! so maybe i'll take some nolva instead

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
Your BP may be fine,the nose bleeds/flushing may be explained by your cold and the amount of times you are blowing your nose which is causing tiny capillaries to burst.

Home monitors are useful but not completely reliable,so book yourself in with your GP/practice nurse for a reading and to put your mind at rest.

If it is high,make sure your diet is clean,low in sodium and containing plenty of fruit and veg.

Reduce/quit smoking and alcohol consumption

Consider adding both celery and beetroot as both proven to aid hypertension.

Supplement with Vit c,magnesium and calcium.

Up the cardio :)

·
'Sua Tela Tonanti'
108 Posts
ParaManiac said:
Your BP may be fine,the nose bleeds/flushing may be explained by your cold and the amount of times you are blowing your nose which is causing tiny capillaries to burst.

Home monitors are useful but not completely reliable,so book yourself in with your GP/practice nurse for a reading and to put your mind at rest.

If it is high,make sure your diet is clean,low in sodium and containing plenty of fruit and veg.

Reduce/quit smoking and alcohol consumption

Consider adding both celery and beetroot as both proven to aid hypertension.

Supplement with Vit c,magnesium and calcium.

Up the cardio :)
Good advice. They are good as an indication but dont take a single reading as definitive. Take a couple of readings one after the other as I have found them to be tempremental.

·
Newbie Trainer
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies!

Its hard to tell whats going on due to my cold I suppose, ill get more of an idea when it has cleared up.

I dont smoke and alcohol is less than once a month these days:innocent:

so no probs there, been trying to cut down on sodium but always room for improvement!!

will give celery and beetroot a go (already taking vit c and multi vit)

guess im just worrying a bit but i wll get my bp checked to be on the safe side!

G

·
I get this my self, including when the temp changes my back turns red and itchy:cursing:

Increase water intake.

Hawthorn berries, garlic, celery, beetroot (as already stated) ,coq10.

Regular cardio.

·
Gym Addict
193 Posts
Baggers said:
Good advice. They are good as an indication but dont take a single reading as definitive. Take a couple of readings one after the other as I have found them to be tempremental.
DEFINATLY can be tempremental ..best to have it checked by a doc if your worried , My doc told me the blood pressure machines get calibrated regular , but can still give a false reading.

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Id bet money if his face is flush and he is getting nose bleeds then it could very well be blood pressure issues.

If it is, you need to fix that and quick.

high blood pressure is the second leading cause of kidney failure behind diabetes.

Your truely had to go to the doctor due to me urinating blood.

Dry weather can cause nose bleeds too, you can rinse your sinus out and that will help alot.

As con suggested hawthorn works well but takes days to work, garlic, fish oils, cellery seed, or cellery juice works very well.

You are probably one of the unlucky few like myself that cant do alot of gear.

How many mg a week?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts