UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloods from 6 months on TRT, I know they are fine at presant, but at what point/level do I need to start looking at donating blood, as they are gradually creeping up.
Thanks

Computer Personal computer Font Gadget Material property

·
Registered
75 Posts
You should not have to donate blood whilst on TRT unless your dose is too high. I blast between blood tests sometimes and I always find my hematocrit comes down once I drop back to my TRT dose.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You are saying they have been continuously going up?
What were the starting numbers?
Also if you are on a legit TRT I would assume this is something your doctor takes into consideration.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
you are in no need to donate at the moment, but like already said, you could book to donate blood every 3/4 months.

one thing to note, if you donate regular you will drop serum ferritin. after each donation take a tab of ferrous sulphate (get it over counter at pharmacy) each day for 3 weeks following the donation to top your ferritin back up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Before starting bloods below, currently 120 cyp a week, My doctor advised donating once a year, but for my peace of mind I would like to know when/what rangers it’s a good idea to get donating
Mesh Font Material property Tints and shades Net

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
levels are fine

in terms of blood donation, do it every 3 months, give blood, save lives. I go every 3 months. Im also a rare blood group, A-, so they need my juicy red stuff and platelets.

hospitals always need blood, so do something good and donate.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Given the current values and not knowing how long they might've been in that state I wouldn't be freaking out yet.
After starting the therapy levels can rise up to 3 months if I remember correctly.
Unless you are injecting once a week I'd start off by splitting that into two shots to avoid those bigger spikes and hopefully help controlling the EPO release to some degree.
Also when taking these tests make sure you are well hydrated before getting tested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts