UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
What doesn't kill me makes me stronger!
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finally decided to do a show! I decided that to keep putting it off was a bit gay so I'll start here :)

after some fairly major health problems have finally got better I want to prove to myself I can do it! I'm not the most muscular chap but I'd like to do a few shows over the next couple of years with a view to actually being competetive by the time I'm 40.

I've been lean bulking for the last few months and my strenths been going up really well, I actually managed a 155kg bench for the first time this week! :)

a little bit about me, I'm 35 (36 on Sunday) been training consistently for 2.5 years but on and off since I was 16. I'm 6'4" and currently 16st 11lb with the vague outline of abs(in the right light:lol:)

I'm planning on carrying on with the lean bulk until the beggining of January then cutting till the show at the end of April.

I'll post up some pics later today along with today's weight session.....

Any help, advice or critisism welcome

rob

·
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok legs today

Squats 6 sets up to 180kg

Leg press 6 sets up to 370kg

Leg ext 4 sets full stack

Leg curl 4 sets

Standing calf raises 5 sets full stack plus 40kg

I feel properly knackered now :)

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
Pscarb said:
good luck with the next 8 months mate....i will be there on the day if my plans come together i will be sat at the judging table from next year
There you go Bob, at least there will be one friendly face at the judges table... although listening to Tom and others here it sounds like Pscarbs can be a right misery guts... :whistling: :whistling: :lol: :lol:

·
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
\ said:
Good luck bob! Where do you train in Weston mate? I train at Sweat FA. Happy Birthday for Sunday - you're a few months older than me woohoo!!! :p
Cheers daz! I train at eddies gym(bodytone) nice and hardcore :)

Cheers for the birthday wishes bro!

·
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
\ said:
Good luck, Bob.

Will you be doing the diet alone or getting help from a prep guy?

Or have you not decided yet? :)
I'm going to use a prep guy by the name of ben Harris, he's prepped a lot of guys at our gym and they've one a fair few titles! He definately knows his stuff, I just hope he can work his magic with me :)

1 - 20 of 207 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.