UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since ive been going to the gym ive gained a lot on height of my bicep when relaxed, but not as much on width, it looks good when tensed, but when im relaxed it looks like ive got a long, pretty thin bicep.

Anyone got any techniques to help widen it?

Thanks

Shaun

G

·
I saw a vid a while ago from some oldscooler BBEr,. cant remember what he was claled now.

But anyway. Hes seemed to think straight bar curls, wider than shoulder width grip, slow controlled reps and keeping the bar close to your body targeted the outside of your bicep and was the best way to go.

Personally, i recon its down to genetics. My Bis are flat and quite wide

·
Gym Addict
208 Posts
The wider you hold the bar the more the inside of your bicep gets worked, the closer you hold the bar/dumbell the more it works the inside of your bicep, concentration curls are good for the inside. standing cable curls are good for the outside and i think straight bar curls held body width is the best bicep exercise you can do. Ive read a book on arnold and his training and he emphasizes alot on how uve gotta keep the palm of your hand facing directly up when doing straight bar curls. Who can doubt him best biceps of all time.

·
HH
1,261 Posts
mikex101 said:
I saw a vid a while ago from some oldscooler BBEr,. cant remember what he was claled now.

But anyway. Hes seemed to think straight bar curls, wider than shoulder width grip, slow controlled reps and keeping the bar close to your body targeted the outside of your bicep and was the best way to go.

Personally, i recon its down to genetics. My Bis are flat and quite wide
Was it vince gironda doing body drag curls?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.