UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pain is temporary, victory is forever
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as I am aware, you all are full of wisdom and experience! So I would like you opinion on bicep curls, which is the best bar to use? EZ or Olly?!?!?! Should you maybe do one week olly, one week EZ to keep variation and hitting the bicep at different angles? Go nuts guys, hit me with some knowledge! :thumb: :beer: :rockon:

G

·
Straight bar if you feel ok doing them ie they dont hurt your wrists.

Dont forget to do hammer curls also for the brachialis (sp).

G

·
I agree with Con... Straight bar curls have always worked best for me as a mass builder. Cant go wrong with alternating dumbell curls and Hammer Dumbell curls, although I know you asked for bar recomendations. Personally I have never liked the EZ curls and I dont know what Olly is ....

·
Looking Freaky
624 Posts
Con means he's not sure of the spelling (sp) of word brachialis . I'm not either:lol:

I don't think there's any need for you to train biceps twice if that is indeed what you meant by day 1 and day 2 , stick to curls with the oly bar for 3 sets 12 reps then do 3 x 12 of DB hammer curls, job done for 7 days. Biceps will be worked when you train back so don't over train them.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
hertderg said:
Con means he's not sure of the spelling (sp) of word brachialis . I'm not either:lol:

I don't think there's any need for you to train biceps twice if that is indeed what you meant by day 1 and day 2 , stick to curls with the oly bar for 3 sets 12 reps then do 3 x 12 of DB hammer curls, job done for 7 days. Biceps will be worked when you train back so don't over train them.
Agreed. One bicep workout per week, nothing more. Just make sure you work them well.

For me I use the EZ bar as hits my biceps a lot better then a straight bar. The straight bar also hurts my wrists and forearms. It feels very un-natural using it.

·
Routine is the enemy
2,044 Posts
anything except olympic bar curls in the squat rack

people need stabbing for that offence.

my friend told me once that somebody was doing curls in the squat rack at his gym, somebody else walked up to him, punched him in the face, then casually walked off, nobody batted an eyelid.

G

·
EZ bar for me, but then again I'm a pansy who lifts pussy weights :laugh: also hammer curls have made my boiled eggs blossom into ducks eggs :thumb:

Lind technical term extroidinaire x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.