UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gym Addict
375 Posts
Can't remember the brand but the worst protein I've ever had was a soya protein. That stuff is horrific although not as bad as when I blended liver and seaweed lol that looked and tasted like vomit and even had thr lumps too haha

My fave is the multipower pre made protein in the brown glass bottles. Those are delicious but at like 3.50 a pop when I used to buy them (about 10 years ago) way to expensive to have as anything but a treat

·
Gone
2,351 Posts
Trutein red velvet. The only one I've ever put straight into the food recycling bin after 2 scoops.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trutein red velvet. The only one I've ever put straight into the food recycling bin after 2 scoops.
I had one like that. It was called "Mammoth Mass" and it was fookin RANK

2 kilo tub, straight into the garbage

what a waste of $$$

·
Looking Freaky
1,050 Posts
anyone remember weider milk and egg protein from the 90's. Was so vile whatever you added to it couldn't mask the taste. Best I had is time4 raspberry ripple.

·
Premium Member
12,462 Posts
Tropicana protein powder was absolutely fu**ing disgusting.
Pretty much any that isn't a regular "ice cream" flavour like Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry and so on.

Anything such as "Fruit Blast", "Mixed Fruit" or "Tropical" generally taste at worst like chemicals to me. At best they taste like you are eating sweetex tablets. Yuk!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Matrix nutrition protein vanilla flavour, worst I've ever tried.

"Serious protein" is also pretty bad.

Myprotein tastes way nicer. Think I'm gonna try bbw protein as it seems cheapest atm.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,040 Posts
Strawberry pea protein.

Was ok until I realised the dark pink streaks, seen through the clear bag, were from an errant slug.

It went against my inner-Yorkshireman, but that bag had to go!

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Best - Chocolate milk flavour stuff from Musclefoods, tasted like it was from an expensive cafe and mixed very well.

Worst - If any of you are old enough to remember the classic protein powders that came out, usually they came in a tin or cardboard like tube. Mixed like talcum powder and tasted of chalk.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BEST: MassTech by Muscletech

WORST: Mammoth 2500 (aka. Mammoth Mass) by Interactive Nutrition

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got a tub of PHD diet whey Belgian chocolate flavour from Costco, really nice when mixed with oats, blueberries & almond milk for breakfast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts