UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
ALPHABIX for breakfast every day.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lads and ladies,

Decided im going to try a bit of creatine, see how i get on.

After looking around and doing some reading, mono seems to be the most preferred. So i guess my first question is going to be which do you prefer? Mono? Cee? Kre alkalyn? Gluconate?

Second question is where should i buy it, and how much? Ill want to be using it for around a month, to see how much gains improve. Now i know with mono its known to load and unload it, baring this in mind, how much should i be buying in bulk? And which is the cheapest, yet most effective creatine?

Cheers

·
Newbie Trainer
31 Posts
I use reflex creatine mono.

they use the creapure stuff so evidently it's pure high quality german grade stuff.

Take it with dextrose/glucose powder from a chemist too coz it's very cheap & transports the creatine into the blood faster and more effectivly (or so I've heard).

Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here btw lol

·
225 lbs and gaining
2,167 Posts
Barker said:
Does it work?
Creatine mono is creatine mono tbh mate. As for does it work? Well it depends on the person. Personally I don't tend to react well to creatine, doesn't seem to do much tbh. Alot of people find it crap too but it works for some.

·
UK-Muscle Sponsor
5,629 Posts
There's a product log of our Creatine Gluconate over on MT - the member trying it seems to be enjoying it and getting on with the product very well:

Creatine Gluconate Review

In terms of value, our Creatine Gluconate works out at around £1.99 a week (depending on how many workouts you have per week of course).

·
UK-Muscle Sponsor
5,629 Posts
Bulkamania said:
Creatine mono is creatine mono tbh mate. As for does it work? Well it depends on the person. Personally I don't tend to react well to creatine, doesn't seem to do much tbh. Alot of people find it crap too but it works for some.
I was like that. It's worth trying other creatine's than mono - mono get's the most feedback and positive word of mouth imho because it's so cheap and there's an abundance of data, however, I spent years trying mono (back to using Cyclone when I was a teenager lol!), and never got anything out of it.

It was only when I started using more recent blends that included Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Gluconate etc etc. that I noticed any benefit.

Maybe you're the same, in which case I'd honestly give a couple different types a go and see how you get on.

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
I've tried creatine mono, CEE and some other form a while back.

It did absoultley nothing for me, but then again what works for some doesn't for others.

I used myprotein/bulkpowders/nutrisport and forgot the other one.

They're all more or less the same, except some come with carriers which are more effective towards the absorptoin.

To increase absorptoin take the creatine 5minutes after a sugar rich drink (dextrose/glucse to spike your insulin) and with alpha lipoic acid (as this can mimic insulin and is in all the TM's for creatine - USN anabol testo / creatine X4 has them in there as there ultra creatine deliverance system some crap like that).

I also read a medical book which mentioned the use of creatine within sports and it suggested that people with type 2a/b muscle fibres will really see the results due to their ability to use the atp-pc system and increased storage of the creatine phosphate in the sarcoplasm. Whilst those with type 1 muscle fibres will not be able to store as much and their atp-pc system isn't quite as developed.

Just go for the cheapest stuff presonally, its all the same

BBWarehouse said:
I was like that. It's worth trying other creatine's than mono - mono get's the most feedback and positive word of mouth imho because it's so cheap and there's an abundance of data, however, I spent years trying mono (back to using Cyclone when I was a teenager lol!), and never got anything out of it.

It was only when I started using more recent blends that included Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Gluconate etc etc. that I noticed any benefit.

Maybe you're the same, in which case I'd honestly give a couple different types a go and see how you get on.
Thats true everyones different, a lot of shops sell smaller sizes so you could realistically buy a few of each (and take them on individual cycles of creatine - record your results etc).

·
Getting HUGE!
1,772 Posts
BBWarehouse said:
There's a product log of our Creatine Gluconate over on MT - the member trying it seems to be enjoying it and getting on with the product very well:

Creatine Gluconate Review

In terms of value, our Creatine Gluconate works out at around £1.99 a week (depending on how many workouts you have per week of course).
I have this creatine and it's just mono bonded with a carb. I would rather buy a kg of mono and 5kg of dextrose.

·
Looking Freaky
603 Posts
Im using kr-evolution from extreme and since taking it it just seems to enable me to get that last rep out and a little extra strength so going to stick with it for a few months.

G

·
Con-cret, no two ways about it!

Six star professional is pretty decent as well.

Otherwise it would be plain Creapure.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.