UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Even if it's too heavy....lift it!
2,173 Posts
i alternate between 3x3 and 5x5, except on squats where its 4x3

i find after 10 weeks my body starts to level out, then i'll change the routine and then it starts to pick up again. i also tend to push myself to the very limit on the last set and go right near my PB. its not a case of failing, its a case of finishing the job ! :)

·
Bulking Nicely
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hardgainr said:
i suppose it all comes down to ''different strokes for different folks'' but id be interested in what different routines people are using and making good gains with?
yeah same here, i think the 5x5 is probobly the most popular and easyest, a friend of mind was really raving about GVT and said he put 20kg on his squat and bench in 2months, no disrespect but couldnt you gain that using a simple 5x5 over the same ammount of time, plus you wouldnt be absolutly killing your self??

just my thoughts

·
Eat, Sleep, Train
897 Posts
5x5 or Wendlers 5/3/1, both very good, i normally alternate between the two, although can run wendlers for much longer, due to waves plus changing assistance exercises.

·
Time to get hench!
734 Posts
Just starting out myself and this is what i'm after, so, curious to find out the answer to your question too! Will keep my eye on this thread for beneficial information. I have conflicting information and not sure if it's like said below that different people gain in different ways?

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
kieren1234 said:
I typically follow a 3 x 8 for 3 excercises per bodypart usually. Would i be better off changing to 5 x 5 for mass then?? Sorry for hiijack but it is relevant.
Personally and imho follow a program till it stops working then change it up... if you were doing high reps lower weights then lower the reps and up the weights... increase sets and just play around with it...

·
Getting HUGE!
1,602 Posts
Any routine that has a goal or a principle in regards to percentage/poundage increases however big or small combined with above maintenance calories, and circa 250grams of protein shouldn't see you going backwards IMO. No need to over complicate things

·
Looking Freaky
867 Posts
i find changing routine regulary helps with progress personally i don't stick to the same routine for all body parts as I have found i progress better this way for example now i do coen/phillipi deadlift routine for back, 5/3/1 for overhead and 5x5 for legs and a specific routine that my coach has set out for me for bench, systems that i rate highly are coen phillipi deadlift routine and toskars 5/3/1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.