UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a lad at Uni and he's struggling getting the protein/carbs down him to put on sufficient mass, what do ppl think is the best bang for buck source of protein/carbs at the mo, Safeways are doing tuna chunks in brine for 35p for 180g tin, hard to beat IMO for protein.

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
buy oats as above. cheap as chips from tesco/asda.

Buy protein powder from bulk supplements or myprotein.

glo to makro if he can find some1 with a card and stick up on meat. if not go to a local butchers or markets tend to be even better.

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
asda going out of date fridge....

I go in there every couple of days and grab whatever i can in the way of beef or chicken.

there is still two days on it and all i'm gonna do is chuck it in the freezer anyway..

saves a fortune, on average a pound a pack from the normal price..

Today i got 5 packs of steak and 4 packs of diced chicken breast. that means i'm sorted for at least 6 meals for myself, or two family meals.

·
Vanity is a Sin
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slamdog said:
asda going out of date fridge....

I go in there every couple of days and grab whatever i can in the way of beef or chicken.

there is still two days on it and all i'm gonna do is chuck it in the freezer anyway..

saves a fortune, on average a pound a pack from the normal price..

Today i got 5 packs of steak and 4 packs of diced chicken breast. that means i'm sorted for at least 6 meals for myself, or two family meals.
Don't you think supermarket meat and chicken is sh1te though, specially the steaks, have never had a decent steak from supermarket, saying that i never knew of the going out of date fridge, what does it look like? Has it got flares and a tank top on:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.