UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just did a online test at http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/library/blbodyfatcalculator.htm for bodyfat.......really not good.....really really not good :(

neck = 42.5cm ( 16.5" )

weight = 99kg

waist ( belly button ) - 105cm ( 41" ) :( :( :( ( I even took a **** before measuring and did it 1st thing AM! )

Body fat % = 27.4

I have lost weight already, given that I was 220lbs last time checked ---- I have lost about 1.5lbs! ( Ive only stopped eating snacks for 4 days ) so cant be doing too bad....

I will add further to this when I get a chance later.

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
right, actually started yesterday but my weights are at my other house so just did push ups ( of sorts - because of my knee I put my quads on the bed, and pushed up from chin on the floor to level with arms fully extended )

I did this 10 times per set, and 5 sets ( i think thats how you write it lol )

I also did stomach crunches with my arms running with my body, the same - 5 sets of 10

My god im in agony lol, could barely lift the shopping today - just shows what a bad state I let myself get into.

I realise Im not eating right just yet, Im still trying to loose my gut.

If anyone has any advice at all please feel free to throw it at me :)

I was going to do this every third day and my dumbells ( which I will post details of later ) for my arms, back and sides every third, with the third day off.

Remember I cant really do legs at the moment :(

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just back from physio.....

backs making vast improvements :D

Apparently they had x-rayed the WRONG part of my back previously, but now its too late if it was fractured ? God knows, as long as its getting better....hurts like feck! - especially when I breath :( ( no smart **** comments please lol ) - perhaps best to only do the back excercises provided by the physio for my back until further progression as they advised.

Also was told under no sircumstances to walk further than a couple hundred yards as my knee is in too bad shape....hope to god this appointment on the 7th gives me some hope! Im going off my nutt sitting here all day :(

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xpower, trying to loose the gut a little first....its wierd tho, its fat for less than an inch and then its solid - I let a martial arts trainer mate of mine punch it as I clenched and he said he`d never seen a solid beer belly before..... but theres still the inch or so to loose :)

wifes going to take pics later....try not to laff too hard :(

lol

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right pics as promised.....really not pritty but well well, hopefully I will be able to look back and laff.....

All pics are unflexed, arms up in one just to show my shoulders

and yes, when I said a small belly i underestimated what it looked like side on....and my moobs :( :( :(

Many years of 12 pints of lager a day I guess....

well well here goes nowt....

post-46346-143614198463_thumb.jpg

post-46346-143614198492_thumb.jpg

post-46346-143614198518_thumb.jpg

post-46346-143614198544_thumb.jpg

post-46346-143614198569_thumb.jpg

Attachments

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers mate....I need luck lol

best to do it now while im still young enough....maybe add a few years on and be half decent looking before im 30 :) ( god nooooo I swore Id never be 30!!! )

Edit..... cant stop looking at the pics thinking my fecking god wtf happened.... I used to swim a mile ( 64 or 68 cant remember ) lengths without stopping to touch the side.....or 150 in a nights training :(

·
Is famine-resistant :P
1,052 Posts
bert1 said:
cheers mate....I need luck lol

best to do it now while im still young enough....maybe add a few years on and be half decent looking before im 30 :) ( god nooooo I swore Id never be 30!!! )

Edit..... cant stop looking at the pics thinking my fecking god wtf happened.... I used to swim a mile ( 64 or 68 cant remember ) lengths without stopping to touch the side.....or 150 in a nights training :(
Mate, I went from skinny bugger to fat b'stard overnight!

However bad you think the pics are, remember who's eyes are the most critical of them. Are you gonna get that floatation thing and start swimming again? And what did your physio suggest about cardio geezer?

We'll get hench together mate, you mark my words. 12 months time we'll laugh like fcuk at yours and my "before" pics :beer:

Oh, and less of the over 30's bashing ya cheeky wee scamp :whistling: . Some of us happen to be 33.....

Subbed mate :thumb:

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hobbio said:
Mate, I went from skinny bugger to fat b'stard overnight!

However bad you think the pics are, remember who's eyes are the most critical of them. Are you gonna get that floatation thing and start swimming again? And what did your physio suggest about cardio geezer?

We'll get hench together mate, you mark my words. 12 months time we'll laugh like fcuk at yours and my "before" pics :beer:

Oh, and less of the over 30's bashing ya cheeky wee scamp :whistling: . Some of us happen to be 33.....

Subbed mate :thumb:
physio surgested nothing for cardio lol, said wait to see about my knee then train.....feck that i said, im going off my nutt sitting about all day getting fat!

Im not in a possition to do the swimming regular just now but I will when I get back to work ( been off on no pay for 7 or 8 weeks now... ) so for now its shadow boxing and the chest expander tecnique lol

12 months? 12 weeks im hoping to see a decent change ;) ---- 12 months I want to be down to 15-20% body fat if possible :)

·
Is famine-resistant :P
1,052 Posts
My first long term goal is noticeable size increases with noticeable fat reduction across my entire body, this is my 12 month plan.

No moobs by xmas is a shorter term goal :)

I had to cut a new hole in my belt again today (again) :thumb:

That fat will fall off with a good diet mate, you're gonna melt away :cool2:

·
4,145 Posts
As another member of UKm said to me just blady get on with it heheh Im no expert nor do I have that much experience as it will only be my first comp that I am getting ready for but, its not that difficult if you want it enough, you just sorta get used to It I guess. maybe your thinking about it too much. Good luck with your journey ;)

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol, im not going to quit dont worry ( I have to beat hobbio after all ), I just wondered if I was always going to be dizzy ect or if my body would adjust to less again :)

Im trying to convince the wife to train with me also - she is looking at more arobic type training for fat loss after having our son but still someone to egg me on a bit :)

·
4,145 Posts
bert1 said:
lol, im not going to quit dont worry ( I have to beat hobbio after all ), I just wondered if I was always going to be dizzy ect or if my body would adjust to less again :)

Im trying to convince the wife to train with me also - she is looking at more arobic type training for fat loss after having our son but still someone to egg me on a bit :)
Lol who said anything about quitting hehe

Hmm you shouldnt always get dizzy after training, maybe eat some carbs about 45 minutes to training to get blood sugar levels up if your going to the gym, incorporate and timings can be adjusted with your meals. Your stomach will get used to the change of diet and adjust accordingly it may take a few weeks, but all will come good. Most of all you have to want to do this yourself :) and you will always get good encouragement from peeps on UK M :) Also make sure your water intake is aruund 4 litres a day, and take a litre bottle with you to the gym, it might help if your feeling icky with hydration.

Good luck for your wife too, maybe to make it more interesting aroebic or spinning classes change things up a bit from x trainer or treadmill , just a thought.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.