UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Some Boy for One Boy
10 reps x 3 sets, each workout... 2 days rest and repeat
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually... drew this

Base Weight: What you can lift easy and wouldnt dare go lower than.

Step Up: The weight you want to increase... but because its separate and closer to the end of bar its easier to change / deload.

When the Step Up is easy you add the Plates to the Base Weight then add another plate to the Step Up... Watching the Base Weight Grow is a good sign your growing. You could probably use Base Weight to warm up..

I got a bad memory and i would easy forget what weight i can push and think im getting weaker... Happened before... Base Grows i smile... Im nearly ready to increase the Base.

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
I actually... drew this

View attachment 210363

Base Weight: What you can lift easy and wouldnt dare go lower than.

Step Up: The weight you want to increase... but because its separate and closer to the end of bar its easier to change / deload.

When the Step Up is easy you add the Plates to the Base Weight then add another plate to the Step Up... Watching the Base Weight Grow is a good sign your growing. You could probably use Base Weight to warm up..

I got a bad memory and i would easy forget what weight i can push and think im getting weaker... Happened before... Base Grows i smile... Im nearly ready to increase the Base.
Do you have a different bar for every exercise / lift you do? If not i can see there being a problem unless you press, squat, deadlift, row etc the exact same weight......

·
Some Boy for One Boy
10 reps x 3 sets, each workout... 2 days rest and repeat
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a different bar for every exercise / lift you do? If not i can see there being a problem unless you press, squat, deadlift, row etc the exact same weight......
naa.. just one bar.. I am after a EZ Bar bro

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
The only time this would be an issue is on a deadlift, and then only if you didn't have a jack. In which case use a change plate to make taking the plates off easier.

·
I don't sleep, I just dream.
10,981 Posts
You should warm up with a light weight, then maybe a couple of sets of medium, then heavy.

·
So it seems a Human had been rather injured by a k
9,332 Posts
I used to do a similar thing with Dumbbells. I had a few dumbbell handles and set up 10kg 20kg 30kg 40kg with 5kg plates. I would then just add weight to the dumbbells if I needed to but keep the 5kg plates on.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I thought there was on 20s and 10s in a gym.
if someone asks how much do you bench I’d say nearly 5 plates on a good day or 4-1/2 on a bad one 😂

1 - 16 of 16 Posts