UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
It is amazing, but don't be suprised if you finish it hating germans even more!

Also, lots of teary moments as makes you think what some of our old boys had to go through.

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
Well worth watching.

They made a new 10 episode series about the war in the pacific. Since you just reminded me about it I'm downloading the entire HDTV series right now.

·
Football Fantasy - Real Faketeam
695 Posts
I didn't finish up hating the German's any more at all...

The Germans in general were just normal people made to do a job the same as all of the Allied soldiers.

Acts of cruelty did happen by the Germans (such as hanging a medic from a tree by his feet, killing him and cutting off his genitalia and stuffing them in his mouth) but that sort of thing happens in war by all sides, not that it makes it right.

Greyphantom said:
Based on some brilliant books btw... very good read... no hollywood sh!te just pure personal story...
Well, there was a little bit of Hollywood in it. They made up that E-Company was the first to Hitler's Eagles Nest..and the whole part about Blythe. He wasn't a coward that hid in the woods without looking for his squad etc, he didn't die in WW2 and went on to fight in Korea.

But that's just a little bit added to a fully awesome show, so I forgive them :)

Band of Brothers is quality though, you get to know everybody by their face and name after you've watched the series 2 or 3 times. Learn more about their story as you go along.

On IMDB I gave it 10 :)

·
Dance like nobodys watching....Fcuk like your bein
174 Posts
stevo99 said:
Anyone seen this?

Borrowed it on Blu-Ray off a mate, watched the first episode last night

supposed to be amazing!

9.6/10 on IMDB
Have you got the whole box set!? its absolute amazing mate....you WILL ge hooked on it.

I watched it for the second time only a few months ago. Ill lent the boxset from a mate also.

There are a couple of boring bits...i.e when they are in the foxholes in the snow during a stalemate with the german in some woods...cant remember the exact location. HOWEVER, there are some really cool bits in it.

You have to remember that it was all based on a TRUE storey and the majority of things that happened...actually happened.

At the end it shows you sgt winters (i think thats his name) he was a hero throughout the film....you never would have thought anyone like that would surrive the war.

Make sure you watch the intro at the beggining of each episode too..

Sit back, try and relax and enjoy...although you are on the edge of you seat most of the time

·
Getting HUGE!
1,511 Posts
Its absolutely brilliant, and even better on blu ray. If you liked Saving Private Ryan then you'll love this.

Only thing i didn't like about it was the fact it sort of makes out that the americans won the whole war.

But still, it is a fantastic watch!

·
United > England
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
benicillin said:
Its absolutely brilliant, and even better on blu ray. If you liked Saving Private Ryan then you'll love this.

Only thing i didn't like about it was the fact it sort of makes out that the americans won the whole war.

just like every other war film then :)

especially Pearl Harbour

·
695 Posts
benicillin said:

I agree there, but what do you expect when everybody believes that in America :lol:

Regardless that there were more than 50 countries assisting, trying to topple Hitler, they still pull this one out of the bag:

"If it wasn't for us you limeys would be speaking German!"

Ignorance annoys me.

·
United > England
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ant Marks said:
Have you got the whole box set!? its absolute amazing mate....you WILL ge hooked on it.

I watched it for the second time only a few months ago. Ill lent the boxset from a mate also.

There are a couple of boring bits...i.e when they are in the foxholes in the snow during a stalemate with the german in some woods...cant remember the exact location. HOWEVER, there are some really cool bits in it.

You have to remember that it was all based on a TRUE storey and the majority of things that happened...actually happened.

At the end it shows you sgt winters (i think thats his name) he was a hero throughout the film....you never would have thought anyone like that would surrive the war.

Make sure you watch the intro at the beggining of each episode too..

Sit back, try and relax and enjoy...although you are on the edge of you seat most of the time
yeah got the full boxset on Blu-Ray

i never realised its 9 years old either!!!

I will be watching em all from start to finish, no worries about that.

I know what im doing tonight anyways :)

·
695 Posts
stevo99 said:
yeah got the full boxset on Blu-Ray

i never realised its 9 years old either!!!

I will be watching em all from start to finish, no worries about that.

I know what im doing tonight anyways :)
I watch them every year around November time. Puts me in the right mood to appreciate and buy a poppy :)

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
benicillin said:

UnitedFan said:
I agree there, but what do you expect when everybody believes that in America :lol:

Regardless that there were more than 50 countries assisting, trying to topple Hitler, they still pull this one out of the bag:

Ignorance annoys me.
Pffft when everyone knows it was the anzacs that won the war and kept the filthy krauts from your doors... sheesh... :D

·
Pisti kang yawa'a ka
1,911 Posts
UnitedFan said:

Ignorance annoys me.
I just shut them up by pointing out sources proving 70-80% of all German land losses were fighting the Soviets. D-Day would have been an abysmal failure had the Soviets fallen. Imagine most of those forces in Western Europe waiting for the landings.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.