Nothing wrong with a jacket spud :thumbup1:

Sweet potato is slower digesting than white potato

You can always slow down digestion with some fats

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
solidcecil said:
i once read that a baked potato has the same GI rating as table sugar. dont know how much truth is behind this. but they taste nice.
Just did a search on google. A thread from UKM showed up were Hacksii was saying this.

But I thought the GI for a white potato was only about the mid 60s.

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
I thought the GI for white potatoe wasnt too dissimilar than sweet potatoe.

white potatoe is my main carb source every single day along with oats, Have noticed not the slightest difference from when i used sweet potatoe. ..........

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
white potato is fine. It does create more of an insulin spike that sweet potato so would be better used pwo or in ure pwo meal than later in the evening. I tend to stick with white pot for during the day and sweet pot in the evenings. sweet pot has more vits and minerals etc

·
Getting bored sh1tless....
5,016 Posts
gym rat said:
i used white baked spud for my daily meals on my show prep and to be fair done me no harm at all
Same with me (minus show prep), but I have about 700-800g a day and seems fine :thumbup1:

I also know plenty who have competed on white pots only and they seemed to look good.

·
Advanced Personal Trainer & Nutrition Advisor. Boa
3,527 Posts
I believe gi only makes a major major difference when u consume a food item on it's own due to the fact when u ad protein and fats into the mix everything gets stirred up with digestion rates :)

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Sweet potato has more beta carotene in it and tastes nicer too! It is more expensive though so I would mix and match for variety.

SD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.