UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my back in the gym on Saturday, went well felt good then yesterday woke up and was basically struggling to walk.

Any twists or turns it hurt and couldn't even lie down.

Bit concerned that when I breath it hurts my back or when my back hurts it hurts my chest which makes me feel breathless.

That can't be normal can it?

No covid I get tested often.

Is loads better today but still took the day off the gym.

·
Getting HUGE!
9,341 Posts
Sounds nasty that. Only thing I can think of is a herniated disc but not sure why it would affect your breathing and vice versa. Glad it’s healing though and hopefully you’re back training soon. Take it steady.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any of the small muscles next to the vertebrae, or intercostal, can make you feel like this. Usually feels far worse than it is. Keeping electrolytes topped up helps avoid this, for me at least.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't feel hunched over or anything like that.

Think it's just the way I've slept. It was really bad yesterday, not so bad today. If it was a strain or a tear it wouldn't improve so quickly.

Still, doesn't make me feel any better about getting old 😪

·
Registered
49 Posts
yea its just the old age XD probably just irritated something...

..i asked about the hunched over thing because i had that and it turned out it was something to do with inflammation on my sternum and ribcage but the pain was being felt at the back....sucked ass!

·
DNP on cruises crew
12,937 Posts
I get this about once a year in different areas of my back but particularly my lower back. Just seem to wake up with it and when I move in certain positions I get a sharp stabbing pain that takes my breath away. Goes away in a day or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts