UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bacon every day for breakfast, most people say bacon is bad for you. is it really that bad to be grillin 3 pieces of bacon every mornin for breakfast? what are the health risks of doin so?

·
Newbie Trainer
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i'm bulkin and i have for my breakfast a glass of oj, 3 bacon, 3 scrambled eggs, 2 wholemeal toast and a glass of milk, slightly over a thousand calories and 60g of protein.

·
Kadampa.org
2,914 Posts
Pannett said:
the rest of my diet is really clean so is 3 pieces of bacon for breakfast really such a bad thing?
I don'y think is that bad

I can't see the point of adding bacon in your diet though

thats just my humble opinion

·
Unless you're a bodybuilder you only rent food
5,555 Posts
Real bacon is good bodybuilding food - and delicious!

Nothing wrong with eating saturated fat - bodybuilders need it for their test to work. And good bacon isn't too salty.

Trouble is that a lot of cheap bacon is chemically cured and contains added nitrites which are implicated in some diseases.

·
Gym Addict
180 Posts
For me the issue with bacon is Sodium Nitrite that is used for preservation - there is debate on it's carcinogenicy.

So for me - daily diet, no; odds and sods, hell yes!

FWIW if you have anything less than 6 rashers in a bacon sarnie you have missed the point. Ideally you should have 12 :thumbup1:

·
EFBB Winner
4,620 Posts
Prodiver said:
Real bacon is good bodybuilding food - and delicious!

Nothing wrong with eating saturated fat - bodybuilders need it for their test to work. And good bacon isn't too salty.

Trouble is that a lot of cheap bacon is chemically cured and contains added nitrites which are implicated in some diseases.
Good post!

akalatengo said:
on my cheat day I can have bacon on toast, on eggs, on burger, on nothing (just plain), on beans, on anything at all
Lucky you :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.